QLD Where to Buy under $300,000

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Tos, 21st Feb, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Hamish84

Hamish84 Well-Known Member

Agree. But get cosy with local agents (edit: for off market sales) or watch out for out-of-town uninformed agents (look for old rental ad photos in the sale listing) and you can definitely get lucky. My favourite buying strategy lol

2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

VICPER, Ariyahn2011, jins13 and 2 others like this.
  3. Nathan Prasad

Nathan Prasad Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi,

We are based in Brisbane and we are seeing incredible capital growth. I would recommend a suburb called Eagleby located in Logan. It is very up and coming and you can achieve a 5% rental yield. This is perfect for the portfolio for when you do a sell down later in the portfolio phase.

4. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Surely only a townhouse or apartment for under $300K in Eagleby?

craigc likes this.
  5. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

I had a quick look and it looked like that to me .

Think you'd be struggling to get a house anywhere in Brisbane for under 300 . In my area of interest , Goodna to Ipswich , I haven't seen a house under 350 this side of Christmas .

Cliff

Lindsay_W and skater like this.
  6. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

I know we are benefit from receiving good advice and help from experienced investors, but maybe I'm getting old but these days it appears that new investors want to cherry pick information, fast track and do no work on their part to achieve high yields, capital growth and etc.

I know for my first couple of purchases I researched, talked to various real estate agents and etc until I almost knew as much as a local would about the area to the stage I was able to identify why there was a $100,000 discrepancy between a property in one street over another street within the suburb.

To be fair, in my later purchases, I did engage a buyers agent as they were interstate purchases, I didn't have the time to do the due diligence and wanted to ultise their expertise in the market.

Last edited: 8th Mar, 2022
    wilso8948, David_SYD and skater like this.
  7. Ariyahn2011

Ariyahn2011 Well-Known Member

Townsville but not sure you would get investment grade at that price point anymore. Market has moved.

8. skater

skater Well-Known Member

We're all getting old, but you are right. There seems to be a plethora of new investors that want everyone else to do the work for them. If they want that kind of service, they can pay for a buyers agent.

9. 27649

27649 Well-Known Member

Local Buyers Agents are certainly a good way to minimise downside risk and maximise upside largely by leveraging their local knowledge/perspective. We certainly have a place, but good self education also goes a long way to narrow down 15,000 suburbs across Australia to one, a little education is worth investing in.

Last edited: 9th Mar, 2022
    Branden, See Change and David_SYD like this.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.