Sydney prestigious suburs seem to be holding up. North Bondi ,,Clontarf

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Illusivedreams, 14th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

The trade off.
    You will get more in say South bondi compared to Rosebay.
    Parts of Vauscluse are not badly priced especially Diamond bay area next to the cemetry. Although transport is much harder along Old OSuth head road.

Rose Bayis better for transport to the city and proximity to Edgecliffe and the rail infra.

Is transport important ? Are you prepared to trade prestige for a better house and so on?

Its hard to answer. In the past i traveled with my wife to an area had dinner lunch there and got to know the area.

Maybe rent for a bit to see what you really like its an expensive decision if you made an error.

2. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

Only thing I could suggest is to settle on an area and network with the local agents. You'll find there is lots of off market stock that pops up at times.

David_SYD and Soy like this.
  3. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

(Morgs is my husband) We've been living in the East the last few years and have wanted to be close to schools and family in Vaucluse, was looking at this property because its in a prestigious area but quoting $3.5m as its on a smaller block. Livable as is but potential to add a level down the track, easy access to beach etc:
    https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-bellevue+hill-133733622

We bought something else today, so this one is no longer a consideration :D

4. Illusivedreams

I like the propriety and pricing is fare.The agent is awful.
    I have dealt with Elliot and the Ray White DB office and would never ever ever deal with them again.

Promise the world to the seller than beat them down on price through the campaign hoping to bring vendor down. Very misleading from personal experience and few others that have dealt with them have similar experiences.

5. Someguy

Someguy Well-Known Member

I thought that was the standard operating model for realestate!? Talk up how much they can sell your property for so they get the listing, then talk the property down so you take an offer and they can move on to selling something else.

6. Illusivedreams

Yep it is.
    Some agents take this further than others.
    Ins saying that Ray White Double bay are awful and take the cake for the lack of empathy care and every thing else that should come with it.

They get a lot of top end properties because of their reputation and why i went with them. In the end it was the most awful agency i have ever delt with.

The first open both Agents were late. I had to open myself . The agents arrived 15 minutes in to a 30 minute open.At the time this was my largest asset and the single largest financial decision of my life.

Elliot and his boys absolutely unprofessional/arrogant in my experience .

Did i mentioned when the property didnt get sold at auction my agent wen on holidays without telling me?

Is that not messed up?

Very unprofessional if you can stay away from my experience.Some will say there is two sides to a story i agree entirely.

This only my personal account of the horrible treatment these guys put me through.

Last edited: 3rd Jul, 2020
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Illusivedreams

Àhhhh yes. Some so called experienced investors who said Bondi, Rose Bay and eastern suburbs and prestige properties are going to have massive corrections post 2018 in this thread and other threads. I said there are massive opportunities in the market. I helped others buy and myself.

Currently, the markets in and around Bondi, Rosebay, Vaucluse et al are absolutely INSANE.

Look at what semis, free standing homes and we'll located units are selling for. Absolutely, totally and magnificently bananas!! My net worth alone from north Bondi and Rosebay has gone up at least 25% in the last 6 months. Just do a REA search and look.

Eastern Suburbs of Sydney is exploding. Yes, some suburbs more than others but the overall trajectory is basically more than the next dude. Semis just sold 6m plus. Old homes that would get 5mil last year are selling 6.5m.

It's ok to get predictions wrong, we all do. But some are so certain and ridicule others who have other ascertions. Their arrogance is laughable:rolleyes:

Yeah, last laugh.

And another interesting thread.

Where are the crashing markets in Sydney?

Last edited: 28th Feb, 2021
    AxeLy likes this.