WA Perth market 2018

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Prash, 9th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

I think the villa market for FHB is very reasonable. The cafe strip is really getting busy. I usually catch up with friends about every 4-6 months for past four years and it’s busier every time a go and it’s got a great vibe, only getting better! Last week I did a drive around Ashfield and Bayswater boat ramp, mainly on the river and one street back and there are some quality homes going up. It’s looking pretty good.

2. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Guessing - maybe check the map against some known state housing properties.

property world likes this.
  3. property world

property world Well-Known Member

@Westminster easy to determine? Is it like a map provided for given suburb like Marangaroo or does it require some greater research to determine exact homes ect

Can you do a free trial with rpdata

4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I'm not sure if there is a free trial but check their website.

You're looking by owner which is Housing Authority. It will bring up everything in Perth but you can then filter by suburb of your choice. I believe that that ownership is also used for houses in the Shared Equity Scheme but you will recognise those where there is a private owner and Housing Authority shown as both owners.

It will give you a list with all the addresses and details of those dwellings.

Propin and property world like this.
  5. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if they own everything under that one name/company name? Or are there a few name searches to do to find all the homewest?

6. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I'm not sure. I've only ever noticed Housing Authority and there is about 10,500 if I don't restrict it by suburb. Not sure if that is enough?

OK I've done some searches on some known Homeswest houses and you're right there is also an owner called State Housing Commission. They have a further 17,855 dwellings

So maybe SHC is just the HomesWest stuff and Housing Authority is the other stuff like Shared Equity and other projects where they build and sell off?

7. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Using owner information is the only real way. I just start at the house I am interested in an go over all the houses in that street and parallel streets and also look for clusters which can be a bad thing.

Propin likes this.
  8. property world

property world Well-Known Member

Owner information? As in the owners in that street and what they know or think?

9. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

You'll need subscription services like rp data, pricefinder etc. Councils sometimes do have this information publicly available but I always found my subscriptions to be worth every penny.

Rex and property world like this.
  10. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

You never have control who will move in as neighbors in the future.

Some people in Government housing are fine they can be pensioners/single people, people with disabilities. people just happy to have a home. At the end of my street is a block of Government apartments. Some of the tenants look a little "sketchy" but they are all very well behaved. Another government house had drug dealers it took about 2 years but they are gone now, place is fine now. Another private house in the street has "hoarders" probably worse house in the street. Learn a lot by riding a bike/walking around a neighbor hood

{Note from mods - thread continues here: WA - Perth market 2019}

Last edited by a moderator: 3rd Jan, 2019
    hematite, Propin and property world like this.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.