New to Property Investment

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Plugg4r, 11th Jul, 2023.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Plugg4r

Plugg4r New Member

Hello All,

Sorry for the clump of text, just wish to learn as this resource which should be common knowledge, isnt common or knowledge :)

PPOR - Value $750k Debt 390k

I stumbled upon this beautiful forum through my normal research mechanisms of YouTube > Googling Keywords > ... and how very happy I am.
    I built a house in 2018 in my mid 20's, pre-crazy, and also locked my loan away at just under 2% away until the start of 25' so I am feeling fairly comfortable currently.

Before pre-crazy I was already looking into Property Investment whilst also researching Shares, the latter stole my attention at the time. In short, I am wanting to start this journey and learn as much as possible, though I'm finding this to be the hardest education so far, on extracting trustworthy information from videos or the facts beyond, buy low, yield high, well besides the "Ultimate List of Property Research Websites" list from this forum.

I see mentions of great resources out there that aren't paid, though I haven't been able to find anything currently that I can really sink my teeth into as far as a "course" or something used as such and all other courses send my alarm bells off. I've watched for quite a time most of the known YouTubers and extracted as much data as I can, though I still don't feel beyond knowing the sites or the basic understanding of everything else. To a fault I need to know/want to know why certain data factors matter etc.

I'm probably the 100th person this month to ask for this sort of assistance, though I haven't found anything yet, so I was wondering what sort of starting points did you all use? And what resources mostly catapulted you or leveled you up to where you're at now?

LordofDulac likes this.
  2. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Welcome to the world of property investment and the PC forum.

I have a bunch of pdf property and investing books in zip folders that helped me garner knowledge I can send you?

KaushikG and Marnie like this.
  3. RENI99

RENI99 Well-Known Member

4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Come to our (next) Melbourne Meetup and prepare to be confused....uh I mean "enlightened" :D

The Y-man

5. LordofDulac

LordofDulac Well-Known Member

Hi Colin

I would be really appreciative to receive some resources if you wouldn’t mind direct messaging me

6. Plugg4r

Plugg4r New Member

That would be really awesome! I haven't been able to come across anything so far! So that would be really really appreciated!

Thankyou for those resources! And yes, unfortunately you find that out too often haha

I'll be following along, so I will definitely want to check this out! Knowledge and experience is always welcomed!

7. Colin Rice

Send me an email at [email protected] and I will forward it with no obligation.

8. Plugg4r

Plugg4r New Member

Hi Colin, I've just emailed you.
    I must also say a big thanks to @The Y-man today for making time for a discussion with me, people like him assisting others like that is truly awesome! Hopefully one day I can return the favour.

The Y-man likes this.
  9. Colin Rice

Got it and responded already cheers.