QLD IP in Brisbane 750k max

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Starthy, 27th Nov, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Starthy

Starthy Member

Hi,

Currently in the market for a IP in Brisbane and surrounds, any recommended areas for good buying for a house in the 700-750k kinda range.

Cheers .

2. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

upper Redlands, Deagon, Brighton - good spots to start at least - logan crew will suggest premium areas in Logan but i think once your 20ks out your better sticking to bayside fpr the same money

I think the odd house sells for 700k closer in but depends if your able to do the work or capitalise on developing it

Cheers .[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator: 29th Nov, 2021
  3. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Rochedale south

4. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

I think for $750k in BNE I'd be trying to get into the Northside around Bald Hills, Bracken Ridge, Petrie, Strathpine.....very very popular suburbs and potential to hit $900k this boom.

Rambo and Investor1111 like this.
  5. beesy7

beesy7 Well-Known Member

Petrie on pine (newer estate)
    Meadowbrook (hospital side only)
    Mango hill
    Rothwell - Morris road
    Kippa-ring
    Redcliffe - if you don’t mind older
    Slacks creek if you want development / granny flat potential (north of paradise road)

Anywhere you can find a 200m2 house built in the last 20 years & preferably 600m2 or greater
    Sydney and Melbourne buyers will want larger more modern houses so I see growth here , all depends if you want a low maintenance investment or land for future development

Last edited: 28th Nov, 2021
  6. Starthy

Starthy Member

Thanks for the replies much appreciated. I don't see much talk about the redcliffe peninsula, kippa ring etc. Anyone have any thoughts on the peninsula pros/cons? Cheers.

TheRons likes this.
  7. beesy7

beesy7 Well-Known Member

I called the suburbs in Melbourne 20 years ago in the west and watched the ripple effects all the way out to hoppers
    Altona was one of my favourites spots, houses were in the low 3s back then and now going 1 million plus.
    For me these areas have the same feel and I see similar potential if interstate money flows in.

Allot of these investors live in Brisbane so probably offer a more valid perspective

I forgot to add Strathpine to the list as bald hills has got very expensive.
    I’m not that keen on Petrie in the older parts, it’s has a very rural feel and houses are small (unless the land is big and offers subdivision potential)
    I prefer to invest for today and not to keen on Tesla shares myself

TheRons, Rambo, Emilyemily and 2 others like this.
  8. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Still get in there for 650k +

Redcliffe Peninsula 2021 [QLD]

9. danz

danz Well-Known Member

Northside: Nudgee, Brighton(getting harder), Bracken Ridge
    Southside: Tingalpa, Eight Mile Plains(entry level).
    Salisbury I bought 2 years ago, and suprised by how much its moved since.

Starthy likes this.
  10. Henry QU

Henry QU New Member

11. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Once you've driven across the bridge for the first time you can see the opportunities. Incredible lifestyle only 25km to the city and huge changes already in the last 5 years. Lots of $1m houses in that 1.5km square in Margate, clontarf, woody point.

TheRons, Starthy and beesy7 like this.
  12. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Good summary.....Slacks Creek North of Paradise Rd, yes, north of Park Road even better? So long as not too floody.

Just opinion

For a Melbourne dude it's a very good list.

Where in Melbourne would u like now, or is it doom and gloom every where

Never giveup and Starthy like this.
  13. Branden

Branden Well-Known Member Business Member

For 750k you could comfortably purchase in many suburbs in the Moreton Bay LGA. Numerous of these suburbs have been mentioned. You could also purchase south of Brisbane in Logan, however, for many of these suburbs, you wouldn't need a budget as high as 750k.

Starthy likes this.
  14. beesy7

beesy7 Well-Known Member

Hey bogan ,

I’ve done plenty of research and drove for days around all areas.
    I agree the little pocket above park road in slacks creek is great as long as you don’t go to close to the industrial sites.
    I also really like Webb street as it’s got the slacks creek name but borders Taneh Merah, it also has direct access to the hyperdome.

I really like north lakes and mango hill for a resort feel, Its so clean and green , if you compare them to a point cook or Altona Meadows for the same money in Melbourne there’s no comparison.
    Plenty of lifestyle options from kayaking in the Petrie river , there’s the glass house mountains up the highway and the ferry close by at Scarborough to Moreton islands.
    I have noticed the roads flow better on the south so the congestion worries me on the Bruce Highway, hopefully the new Moreton connector improves things.

Regarding Melbourne I would be sitting on the side lines for 12-18 months , the market should cool by 10 percent and I’m sure there are some deals to be had.
    My Pick in the future would be Werribee South , Werribee (Duncan’s road) and Bacchus Marsh.
    I think older larger apartments around South Yarra could be popular also.
    Allot of people are leaving Melbourne for regionals like Geelong , Mornington , Ballarat & even as far as Bendigo.
    In 1-2 years I’m sure some people will return so there could be a little window of opportunity if your timing is right.

For Brisbane the market has gone up allot the last few months, I’d be definitely checking the property report and street report to get a guide of recent sales as it’s getting a bit inflated in some areas.

Last edited: 29th Nov, 2021
    Rambo, Never giveup and Starthy like this.
  15. beesy7

beesy7 Well-Known Member

Opened YouTube and this just appeared
    Plenty infrastructure happening as well as the Petrie PDA Which is good for Kallangur & surrounds

Starthy likes this.