QLD Redcliffe Peninsula 2021

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Closet, 8th Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Time to get some focus back on the peninsula:). Margate and Clontarf are starting to get expensive now, agents saying they've got dozens of cash buyers ready to pull the trigger with no stock ...lots of off market activity going on. 3 beds now asking over $500k wow...

19 Livermore Street, Redcliffe QLD 4020 | Domain

Lawrence Barnes likes this.
  2. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

3. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

It was always going to happen. A natural land lock, a relatively new train line and a coastal lifestyle. I invested on the peninsula in 2014 and have seen nothing but gains since. I think this year will really bring a pop. Well done to those who got in early.

- Andrew

4. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

I reckon it's the most under rated place in Brisbane and amazing how many people don't realize that the water there is crystal clear and full of marine life. Big difference in the 3km over the bridge from the mudflats of Brighton!

luckyone likes this.
  5. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Best beach in Brisbane and Moreton Bay is South Bank isn't it? :p

MyPropertyPro and Firefly99 like this.
  6. boganfromlogan

upload_2021-3-8_19-34-3.png

Wow who knew there was so much crime? Brighton only had 67 offences :-(

7. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

Visited Redcliffe Peninsula on a recent trip and actually preferred it to Brighton. Even parts far west of Oxley have a natural appeal.

8. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

When broken down by suburb there isn't much in it...there are 6 or 7 suburbs rolled up in those stats. No different to Bracken ridge when you compare :)

9. boganfromlogan

Oh, I thought the post was about the Redcliffe Peninsula. I was shocked by the number of offences, I thought crims usually lurked in places with more escape routes. They must be stupid as well as criminal

10. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

The areas within 1km of the waterfront are great spots particularly Margate and Clontarf for the money. Loads of knock downs and significant investment starting to get poured in, a lot of interstate migrators who want the lifestyle at a fraction of the the price. 6 months ago you could have still bought for under $400k now in the high 4's and 5,s. Similar to the southern suburbs of Sydney and look what's happened to those in recent years

11. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Have an IP there so not complaining...but not sure the water is crystal clear - its usually brown and murky.

Ryan23 likes this.
  12. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

We have been trying to buy 600m2 lots for our SDA units. They have been going faster then we can look at them. Prices have gone up since last year. Client's got 2 of them but it took about 8 goes to get them, everything under contract so quickly.

13. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Depends where you swim!. Suttons is great in the morning have been snorkelling there many times with very good visibility. As with any beach it depends on how strongly the wind is blowing.

14. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

The water was beautiful on Sunday, crystal clear. I was thinking about taking some photos to prove it. It looks worse on overcast days when there is no sunshine. A lot of Moreton Bay is Marine Park these days and the water is getting cleaner than it was years ago. Were you here during the bushfires when everywhere was a dirty colour?

15. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

No just seen photos and videos..and once in the flesh. It was relatively murky when I was there...unlike say, a typical Sydney beach.

16. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

People can always go to the lagoon in Redcliffe if the beach doesn't look as inviting :)

It doesn't come across as a surfing beaxh anyway.

17. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Moreton bay coastal areas up 1.7% in Feb!

18. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Best beaches in Brisbane are at the Gold Coast! That's why it's usually fully booked on the weekends and even busy during the week with people from Brisbane... Guess which location is primed to take advantage of people being priced out of Brisbane middle/inner ring and Gold Coast??

Last edited: 15th Mar, 2021
    luckyone and boganfromlogan like this.
  19. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Nah give me the beaches of the sunny coast any day. :)..seriously though walk to swimmable beaches, cafes and coastal walks after work... 30 mins to sc. on weekends for under $500k can't go wrong with Redcliffe!

luckyone and MJS1034 like this.
  20. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Redcliffe is definitely a great spot and surely will only go up over time. Anything on a double block is like gold at the moment. I've got some clients that purchased double blocks 3-4 years ago they are sitting on some great gains!

luckyone and Closet like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia