Hi from Melbourne!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Christian Andel, 14th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I think there are some legit OTP deals. Plenty of legit developers have to sell OTP to get finance and not all of them are out there to con a naive buyer. Am I biased because I'm selling some of my development OTP? Maybe.... well I'd like to think I'm legit :p

However @Christian Andel as you are being paid by the Seller you can't really ethically represent the Buyer.

DaveM and Beelzebub like this.
  2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Your developments are a bit more special than average :)

3. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

True, newer, small developments in the right suburbs are good. When I think OTP I think inner city shoe boxes in tower complexes. Obviously that's not always the case.

4. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

I think I might call myself an Insurance Strategist and sell insurance from which bank.

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

how judgemental and hypocritical guys, business members on PC are also spruiking/selling wares/product, this is a commercial forum it's not a crime.

No need to treat new members this way when you have no real idea what he is selling/product and where specific areas, perhaps you may learn from him at least give him a go, rather than making assumptions

Last edited: 22nd Nov, 2016
    Ouchmyknees likes this.
  6. kierank

Then @Christian Andel should join as a business member. That is, put it all on full view with company name, etc.

Otherwise, my BS detector will go off and continue to go off. I am not saying that they are dodgey but they need to be more transparent IMHO

7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Kieran
    I think it's his first post right, most would not join straight up, fair enough.
    With this warm welcome unlikely he would want to join.

Dont know if it's BS, don't have enough info.. and would like to find out more, assume others would do the same

kierank likes this.
  8. kierank

My BS detector must be more sensitive than yours. It is due for a service next week - I will see whether they can recalibrate it. No promises :) :).

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Here you go, you can check out my thread on Professional BS Detector;) Enjoy

Professional BS Detector

Carry on folks

10. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I think that's why everyone has been asking questions. I'm all for people earning a living off their love of property but I'm not sure it's right to earn a commission selling something but say that you are representing the buyer at the same time.

Jess Peletier and kierank like this.
  11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I don't see the difference... whether you love property or not. If you are selling a product you have a vested interest in talking it up for financial gain regardless of whether its commission based or not.

Not saying its good or bad, it is what it is

12. kierank

But mine is the amateur version:) :).

MTR likes this.
  13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

that's OK, I will teach you my version, somehow I don't think you have the time:p

kierank likes this.
  14. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

I wasn't being unkind (not intentionally, and I apologise if it seemed that way) - I love meeting other property people to work with which was why I asked the questions. Personally I don't believe most OTP is a good investment, and believe there's a conflict of interest when getting paid by the developers, so would not point my clients in that direction. However if it was a fee for service, BA type scenario that's a completely different story. I was hoping it might be the latter, but no luck.

It's important to understand exactly what a 'property strategist' does, especially in an unregulated industry.

@MTR I think there's a big difference between sharing knowledge, genuinely helping people and spruiking. Spruikers don't generally tend to last long around here.

HUGH72 and kierank like this.
  15. Christian Andel

Christian Andel Member

In regards to the Spruiker Comments, I was also skeptical of my new role before I joined. Having now been with the company for 6 months and having sold a few properties, I can very honestly say that they are not spruikers. Its quite simple really, I provide facts to our prospective clients, based on their investment goals and they make the decision.
    I have lost quite a few sales where I couldn't help the client because they wanted to purchase only in a specific suburb, not off the plan, etc. However, they still invested, but not with me. I have absolutely no problem with it.
    I joined this forum for my own personal growth and to gain more knowledge.
    Most of my clients are now gained from referrals, in my mind, this shows that clients enjoy dealing with me and recommend me to their friends and family.

Jess Peletier likes this.
  16. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts on projected oversupply in the Bris and Melbourne CBD apartment market?

17. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

Hi. Welcome. It looks like you have a lot of knowledge to share so it is great that you are on board.

18. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

Welcome. Have a read of some of the posts here. Use the search button, Otp and property investment companies/spruikers and get an understanding of what's been said in this post.
    Property advice is an unregulated area, so there are lots of examples of the sort of company you have described not doing the right thing by their customers.

19. melbourne171

melbourne171 Well-Known Member

Most investors here knows it is mistake to by OTP apartments which are oversupplied. Many here lost due to OTP investments. Only not very well educated investors or beginners made thus mistake and it is expensive learning experience,

However, your OTP products may be different. Can you tell us what the strategies to make profit from OTP?