International Global Equities

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by itsmescottyc, 2nd Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. itsmescottyc

itsmescottyc Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what happened to the other thread started by @Alex Straker ?

A few very interesting threads seem to have vanished.

Anyway, it would be great to continue the discussion here.

The brief recovery predicted earlier this week seems to have played out as we expected, it’ll be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Thoughts? @Silverson?

Does anyone know where the other threads went?

2. Pleep

Pleep Well-Known Member

3. itsmescottyc

itsmescottyc Well-Known Member

@Pleep thanks! They must have moved some things around on the site and I didn't notice.

4. Silverson

Silverson Well-Known Member

Evening mate,
    I’m such an amateur in the share/equities world, I’m not sure you would want to hear my thoughts!!!
    However seeing as you asked, I believe we will see the all ords test the 4800-5300 range.
    I personally am happy to have the majority of my holdings in Australia and via direct holdings.
    A small parcel of VTS and a small parcel of CDM are my main international exposure vehicles.

The more time that passes the more I realise the most important part of this puzzle is the bit between the ears.
    I think even a welders dog can see the us markets in particular are well over cooked. However, truth be told what seems remarkably expensive today may seem great value in a decades time.

My opinion, be inevsted, buy regularly, leave a cash buffer for emergencies, leave another buffer for opportunities, as an example when the all ords came off 10% from recent highs I purchased 10% more than usual via dca from my opportunity buffer.

What are your thoughts mate?

Also I think I saw the thread in question in either the direct share section or investment strategies