QLD Corio strathpine loganlea slacks creek

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Katie, 14th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

moreton bay slacks creek corio

1. Moreton bay

34 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. Slacks creek

17 vote(s)
    27.4%
  3. Corio

11 vote(s)
    17.7%
  1. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

so do u feel that will change anytime soon ?

ta
    rolf

2. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

With Logan Rolf I see the lower areas going up but not at the rate moreton bay will I think to theres still a big stigma about living there not the expensive suburbs across from slacks creek there sky rocketing.

If I can get a awesome deal there maybe but shorter term I think moreton bay and Logan to catch up.

Logan is a fair bit cheaper also with high yields still also.

Last edited by a moderator: 15th Jul, 2018
    Tom Rivera likes this.
  3. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

From reading your subsequent comments I feel a bit better about you being on the right track :)

David followed on from what I was alluding to earlier- the deal is more important than the suburb. Of course you have to choose the right area (suburb/region) to look, but from that stage you'll be analyzing every deal individually. Of course, the wider net you cast, the more time consuming, so I can understand if you're trying to narrow it down purely from a time perspective.

David Shih, Silverson and Katie like this.
  4. Silverson

Silverson Well-Known Member

Your all over it!
    Can I ask why you have narrowed it down to those areas mentioned? Is it a case of what you get for the money or do you think these are areas that will outperform? No right or wrong I just like hearing a different thought process.

Katie likes this.
  5. Simon L

Simon L Well-Known Member

Slacks Creek - There are better suburbs to invest in in Logan imo. A lot of investor hype in this suburb at the moment and some paying silly prices. That said I sometimes buy for my clients here for specific reasons to fit into their strategy eg. a massive cashflow booster to balance out existing portfolio or if the house is dirt dirt cheap/profitable reno job

Moreton Bay is a good area but a lot of growth has already happened. The problem is cashflow and if you are happy to accept 4 - 5% yield you might as well buy closer into the city? Watch out for vacancy rates also

Katie likes this.
  6. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Hello Simon I wouldn’t pay huge dollars in Slacks creek when you mean better areas do you mean Loganholme,Tanah merah most of Logan around the $350.000 price point seems like the same demographic imo I think Logan is in a killer position and long term will smash it and yes the yields are better to.

7. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Alot of ppl would agree that Logan is in a very good position. I know many investors that would prefer to be not that far from the Brisbane CBD yet closer to the Gold Coast than towards the Sunshine coast myself included having been to both the Sunshine coast and GC over 20 times in my life. I much much prefer the GC.

8. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

I would say you could do well with either of the SEQ locations. I personally would not go for Corio. Just had a big run up in prices there purely off the back of the Melbourne boom.

Meanwhile Ford plant gone, Alcoa gone, Target HQ going, Viva refinery likely gone within the next decade, Avalon aircraft servicing can be done cheaper elsewhere - not a lot of good news there as far as the big employers go, and still the main industry in Geelong is manufacturing. Long term it will probably transition to a trendy seaside getaway from a Melbourne but I think it is overcooked for now.

mvmpc likes this.
  9. Arnes Abazovic

Arnes Abazovic Member

Slacks Creek is actually a very good area but you just need to know the good and bad pockets of it. I've been here for quite some time and i'm 2min to the freeway and into the Brisbane CBD within 20min. Just like underwood which is 5min from me, you got the pockets which we know not to buy.

anosh, mvmpc and Tom Rivera like this.
  10. mvmpc

mvmpc New Member

Is there a map or something in here somewhere, which outlines the good n bad areas of SC?

Say, for the below mentioned: is that a good pocket to buy in? The pricing is almost at par with the owners buy..what are your thoughts guys?
    40 Binganah Street, Slacks Creek, Qld 4127

11. sash

sash Well-Known Member

You need to get out to Geelong....you views are totaly out dated the growth areas for industry are:

1. Medical Centres/Hospitals driven by population
    2. Education
    3. Technology - small start-ups emerging similar to Wollongong
    4. New Manufacturing - talk of Defence contractors setting up there
    5. Airport - Airasia flies from Dec.If this sticks and other low cost carriers come in...it will take off
    6. Tourism/ Cafe Culture
    7. Massive Seachange population coming in...younger people not only retirees...

In my view growth has been significantly better than anything Brisbane has done in the last 3 years...

Paula Ospina and MikeyBallarat like this.
  12. Blueskies

Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns. ;-)

Sure, you could do worse than Geelong, but I stand by my comments, it’s had a good run for a couple of years, I don’t think there is much upside in the near future.

13. Blueskies

Also I have been there many times, usually to visit the slowly rusting away non-competitive refinery, one tenth the size and three times the cost of those in Singapore, Malaysia etc, also with the $100k+ blue collar workforce. It’s days are numbered for sure.

That little swimming enclosure down by the beach is really nice though, (when it is warm enough to swim ;-)

14. sash

sash Well-Known Member

You need to look at the employment numbers for Geelong..and growth....and price point compared to Melbourne.....

15. gty12

gty12 Well-Known Member

@Katie, I encourage you to read my post here on Geelong (which has received a few likes too-thank you all):
    If not Brisbane then where?

16. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Hi there, Slacks Creek has some areas to avoid. There was a tannery in the old days and some issues regarding contamination. This is not all the suburb - in fact far from it, and i think others have suggested you need deeper research in slacks creek in particular.

17. DCO90

DCO90 Well-Known Member

I live in Slacks Creek. This is not a great pocket. Slacks Creek is a really weird suburb. Most pockets are 'bad' imo haha.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  18. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Re: Slacks Creek, maybe the conversation should be which bits are good? I have the impression that North of Park Road (is that the correct name) is good? Also some streets that have first names, higher up the hill from Meakin Park are also quite good. DCO90 would that seem right?

I once was told that there were lots of crims in Slacks Creek, by a local, but I don't think it is true of the suburb, just the bad bits within it.

19. LVRG

LVRG Active Member

No one really seems to be talking about this but there is A LOT of houses for sale in Corio at the moment. Over 80!

Katie likes this.
  20. gty12

gty12 Well-Known Member

Chari Emrizade (sales agent) seems to have that market really cornered in terms of listings, but the argument goes that he has been consistently overpromising and now it is catching up on him.
    Corio's median has been hovering above/too close (depends on whose data you use) to Norlane's. Norlane is a better suburb thus the gap deserves to be bigger, particularly considering where recent sales have been in Corio.

So the argument goes perhaps that Norlane is now undervalued or Corio is overvalued.