Your weekend projects

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Jess Peletier, 11th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Paterson00

Paterson00 Well-Known Member

It's just like concrete but it looks better and isn't as tough. It's more porous and stains easier too I'm told. I park a boat here and the camper trailer so needed something doing to the area. It's far more user friendly now. Had the 100mm thick option with reinforcement bar in it too so a car could be parked on it. I think it was about $4k... i probably added about $100k in value i expect but then i may also be dreaming.

bob shovel likes this.
  2. SK Investments

SK Investments Well-Known Member

Wherever the wind takes me, currently Brisbane
    Some of the work I've been doing lately.
    Replacing all cladding on the exterior and adding insulation, swapped a window & door around, replaced a section of fence and sleepers, built new gates using old carport.
    20160611_164605.jpg 20160605_120056.jpg 20160531_121203.jpg 20160518_111528.jpg 20160519_130250.jpg

Attached Files:

WattleIdo likes this.
  3. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Definitely Acacia frimbriata! Thanks blueskies :)

Have you tried aloe vera?

vbplease likes this.
  4. moyjos

moyjos Well-Known Member

No house renos here. (Although my kitchen and bathroom really do need an update ).

Hubby and I bought a project a few weeks ago :). It has been a slow weekend project . We have been rained out a couple of times. Waterproof painting inside today.
    Push-Up Camper Project: We Bought a Project

bob shovel likes this.
  5. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

We too got a camper a few weeks ago. Ours is almost 30 years old but the top half is in perfect condition.

First thing we did was send the wheels off to get new tyres. Next morning we got the call: You'll have to get a new axle with the five studs to take the new wheels to take new tyres. Damn, the axle scrubbed up fine.

It is currently an immovable eyesore in the front yard waiting to get the old wheels back so we can tow it into the carport and then we will lift it up and replace the entire chassis.

So far my job has been to spray it for spiders.

Attached Files:

dmo, bob shovel and moyjos like this.
  6. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Well, its a free camper with tinny, at least you didnt have to pay anything to get it!

7. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Yep, we only paid for the tinny.

Gockie likes this.
  8. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Go the caravan reno's!!
    Here's our one
    1980 viscount pop top

White knight and painted white. New vinyl floor and some other odd jobs
    Screenshot_2014-08-18-21-58-50.png Screenshot_2014-09-02-08-33-46.png 20160612_082937.jpg 2016-06-12 08.55.47.png

MattADL, WattleIdo and moyjos like this.
  9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I had to replace the mailbox. Went to Bunnies. Looked at the suitable options - $137 and more.

Spotted the old stock in the mark-down right next to the full price, $20. A can of spray paint $12.

Problem solved for $30.

WattleIdo, JenW, Blueskies and 2 others like this.
  10. SK Investments

Pics?

Redwing and Perthguy like this.
  11. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Hubby has been busy for quite a few weeks renovating our pool. The pool builders didn't use any reinforcing in the original apron. Pool shell itself is solid but the apron had cracked and was looking very shabby. It looked ok for many years, but we never did seal the tiles.

Once he started retiling the patio off our living area, the pool area had dirt and rubble sitting there, so they got really dirty very quickly. They didn't look this bad until the other work started.

Once the new tiles are down and sealed this time, we will add a glass fence. Hoping to get this all finished within two months.

IMG_5779.JPG IMG_0863.JPG

Last edited: 13th Jun, 2016
  12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

nice pool Wylie

13. wylie

Thanks MTR. We covered that pergola with 95%(ish) shade cloth so the kids pretty much didn't have to worry too much about sunblock when they spent all day in the pool. We took it off a couple of years ago because the solar heating had failed and nobody swims enough now to warrant a new solar installation, so now the sun now heats the water.

The downside is the possums that use the beams as a highway and poop into the pool. So we've bought some 30% shade cloth to allow the sun to heat it still but catch the possum poop. That's the next job before the new swimming season.

Kassy and WattleIdo like this.
  14. SK Investments

You could put those wire bird spikes along the top to stop the possums, and birds.

15. bob shovel

Or fishing line works to. Couple of nails on each beam and fishing line an inch above the timber works

Last edited: 12th Jun, 2016
  16. wylie

Thanks for the tips... but we are happy that they have somewhere to play, and don't want to trip them "into" the pool or hurt them with spikes. Putting the shade cloth back up serves another purpose too. The back neighbours have enclosed their verandah and without the cover, we are not as private as we were when they never used the verandah much. Now it is their dining room and with the shade cloth back on, we get complete privacy back.

So possum poop problem solved. Overlooking problem solved. ;)

17. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

20160328_090128.jpg 20160612_154518.jpg 20160328_090128.jpg 20160612_154518.jpg 20160612_155124.jpg

Kassy, Redwing, Shankiedoodle and 5 others like this.
  18. bob shovel

No one wants to hurt the possums it's just a way to keep them off altogether, thus eliminating poop on the shade cloth

wylie likes this.
  19. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Mr Angel has done some plumbing at the House-sit this afternoon, and is settled in front of the TV watching Ferrari Megafactories on manliness channel One. Sam is checking out the platter and there is a Barwang 2010 Cab Sav in the wineglass. I wonder whether our portfolio went up in value last month????

Attached Files:

samiam likes this.
  20. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Aloe vera is pretty awesome ;)