Your suposed to tell if under discliplinary in job??

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 9th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

I want to hear more about fred

Brendan_300, Wall Street and Rixter like this.
  2. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Nope....the underlying issue is CBA is trying to shutdown...any backlash from consumers. For example in the Financial Planning scandal they have made a hoo haa about they running an independent process...but they have litigated and stalled at every turn to compensate victims.

Also...this guys is the public eye if he can't handle the kitchen he needs to get out. He is well paid. This stupid culture now is being used as an excuse for bad service..if they customer loses their cool because of their stupid cost cutting they seem to focus on the behaviour of the customer rather than real issue.

As I said couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys....

The other thing which gets my goat is how thin skinned people are now....

3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

I love prank calls. I got a community relations loud mouth a couple of times on a job we were putting sewer mains through established properties. I rang and said "I live at 'such and such' address and there is an excavator in my backyard I knew nothing about, trees chopped down, my roses trampled...." Kept going getting more irate, cause I realised how easy it was. She was apologising and I said that wouldn't being my roses back. kept going for a while and said your not helping I want your manager. Heard her sprinting through the office, then I got the manager and I just laughed and said hi!
    Employee of the month again that month! :D
    The best part was she could never take a punt and call out a person as it being a prank!

Wall Street likes this.
  4. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

About 5 years ago at work my boss and I were testing a fax machine that was not working. He was in a remote office so I sent him a text fax which was very inappropriate (think super bad).

Fax sends but he doesn't recieve it! Panic sets in so I call Telstra and enquire about the line, turns out it has a divert set to.....yep the upstairs operations area where 10 girls sit around this noisy fax machine.

I freeze for about 1 hour before braving it to go up there and play dumb. One of the ladies comes up to me straight away and says "do you know what number XXXX is" I look at her blankly and she starts laughing along with all the other girls. They then go on to tell me how they started hearing the noisy fax and then watched it as something slowly grew out of it....

Apart from being a funny story reason I say this is because that could have gone either way but being a great environment where people aren't ridiculously sensitive it's now nothing more than a story. Yes it was dumb but people took it for the joke it was meant to be.

I'm still here 5 years on, could get more money but a great environment is worth more than an increase of you ask me.

bob shovel, Redom, tomlemke and 2 others like this.
  5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Agree with you there....people seem to have tickets on themselves now...political correctness has got out of control to the point practicalities have gone out the window.

The CBA has a dysfunctional organisational culture....yet them pretend that they are proper??

What about the poor 60 and 70 somethings who were dudded by their financial advisors or the stupid game playing by the bank?

Just desserts me thinks....the funniest thing I have heard is they are trying to sell themselves as an ethical bank?

Really??...is this the same company which lends to mining companies who destroy the environment...is this the same company which does not take accountability for all the scandals within the bank over the last 7 years....tlak about bullies....that sums up the CBA!