Your Money Your Call Property Axed

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Coota9, 8th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

For me it’s
    1. Aus property investor (property investory)
    2. Smart property investment show
    3. The property couch
    4. Real estate talk
    5. On property
    6. Michael Yardney

1 & 2 imo are the best by a mile. As they are not giving advice as such but just straight interviewing people and you take the lessons you like, they aren’t selling anything & content comes out every day.

Lomas has 3min podcasts once a month that are very irrelevant, and Yardney always leads back to a metropole plug.

2. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

For me it’s
    1 The property couch
    2 Smart property investment show
    3 Real estate talk
    4 property investory
    5 Property Developer podcast
    6 On property
    7 Michael Yardney

Top 2 clearly the best, Really good solid info and a great places to start & follow.
    Yardney spruiks everything Metropole way too much.

3. SouthBoy

SouthBoy Well-Known Member

Lomas also spruiked Elizabeth, SA and Logan, QLD over many years. Both of which have had average returns over the past 4 years.

ChrisDim likes this.
  4. ChrisDim

ChrisDim Well-Known Member

I am glad I am not the only one that never saw anything in QLD... especially the Logan area which I was so tired of hearing all the time... And yet so many people I know have now invested in QLD and are waiting...

5. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

QLD is a big place :) I agree on Logan however, why would you want to put your money here and hope? There's many other owner occ suburbs that have plenty of DEMAND for demographics that can afford to push prices higher to live in the suburb they want. Apart from investors and FHB all jumping in to this Area, what else is going to put stable pressure on prices here..

6. ChrisDim

:) I must admit, I know very little about investing in QLD and probably speak out of school when I do :rolleyes:. I have thought about investing there but I didn't know enough about the economic drivers and got scared. For my own education Codie, can you tell what parts and why do you think one should look at QLD? I know the yields are very good and vacancies are low in many places but what about long term growth? thank you

7. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Hi Chris,

Many parts of Brisbane have done 40%+ in the last 3-5yrs, inner/middle ring, mainly high % owner Occ suburbs, Vacancy rates are low, Sub <2%, and will continue to do well due to the people with higher disposable incomes or double income households that want the lifestyle of being closer in. I find Brisbane is very much based around lifestyle, walks along the riverside, city views, Tree lined streets, Parks everywhere (northside) entertaining on the back deck. If you select the right product in these areas they will always be in demand and continue to have price pressure over the long term - Just like the last 5 years, but the media will tell you Brisbane has done nothing :)

Rich2011 and ChrisDim like this.
  8. ChrisDim

That was exactly my perception... and having worked for a media company for over 10 years in a previous life, you'd think I'd know better. Thank you for the explanation though - I will keep in mind. Good to know that I can't just write off the whole State LOL.

9. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

I Guess the trouble is they report on a median, and when you have them continually reporting on an oversupply of apartments dragging it down, suburbs that don't have these fundamentals 30-40km north, south or west of Brisbane it all gets put in the same basket. Meanwhile boots on the ground people are doing very well behind all the noise. Wait until the tide starts lifting all ships, then the experts will come out in droves saying I told you so ha ha

ChrisDim likes this.
  10. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

An average of 7% pa or 35% growth in 5 years (in some suburbs) and high yields (I'm holding a few houses close to 8%) and being able to buy under market value, terrible way to build a portfolio ?! :cool:

ChrisDim likes this.
  11. ChrisDim

Impressive numbers... I suspect you know what you are doing, but for the average person just following what the media says may not be the same.

12. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Usually happens once property market in Sydney and Melbourne cools.....bound to happen.

Just look at the meet-ups these days even fewer people. None of the wide eyed Millenials coming and saying' they bought 4 properties in 1 year. Some of these people would be looking at how they hang on to these properties.

13. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

@sash are you coming to the Shire meet up?
    We need some Gurus among us.

14. sash

sash Well-Known Member

You seem to be the guru....lately....sayin' Sydney is in for second wind......:p

Evidence is showing otherwise......