Young (prospective) Investor yearning for info!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JakeB, 8th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JakeB

JakeB New Member

Hi there,

I recently came across Somersoft whilst doing some DD on a mentoring service (which I have decided not to proceed with) and now subsequently PropertyChat. Being in my 20s, I have had little to no exposure to property markets thus far but am extremely keen to get started!

There seems to be such an abundance of information on this site that I'm unsure where to start (especially RE: strategies and financial options) and was wondering whether I could be guided to some great books/posts that could shed some light on some very introductory methods.

Looking forward to hearing some responses!

Thanks!

2. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Hi Jake
    Ask some questions. Lots of knowledge and guidance on here.
    What are some things you need clarified?

3. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

Welcome, speaking with a broker (plenty on this site) will give you an idea of how things are financed and what you can afford, knowing this might help narrow down your strategy.

I found the most helpful thing was checking the forum regularly to get ideas of what others are doing and find an approach that worked with my goals, thought processes and means.

That just reminded me, work out your goal, ie why do you want to invest in property? This will also help you find direction.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress

4. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Welcome Jake - it's great you've arrived here at the beginning of your investing life. Ask lots of questions and enjoy! :)

5. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Hi James

Read, read, read, read and then when it still doesn't make sense read some more! Oh and ask questions :D

I found the magazines a good start as you can hold it in your hand plus see a variety of info. Then narrow your search down online to what you want to know more about. You'll see regular things mentioned and it will start making more sense.

Good luck!

Sackie likes this.
  6. peastman

peastman Well-Known Member

Hi @JakeB
    Welcome to the forum.
    If you are interested in getting to know some of us a bit better, we regularly have a bit of a get together.
    Melbourne East group meets on the 2nd tuesday each month at a suburban pub, the next one will be on 14th June at 7PM
    Grandview Hotel Bistro
    429 Heidelberg Rd, Fairfield (Cnr Station St.)
    Fairfield, VIC,
    Booked under "Property Chat"

Melbourne West meet at different times.
    Full details are posted here Networking & Meetups

There is no cost (other than optional meal or drink) and no agenda, just come along and chat to other property people.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.