Wtb small block in Runcorn knock down rebuild scenario

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Mich, 3rd Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sarah T

Sarah T Member

Uber is also a way to travel cheaply if work is close by but the transports not there. I think ubers legal now in qld

Mich likes this.
  2. Ting

Ting Member

39 Ervatamia Street Runcorn Qld 4113 - House for Sale #123742982 - realestate.com.au
    Just got this one new listed. It will be your weekend open house inspection before your shopping trip. Distance to train station is about 2K. I won't go back to Brisbane this weekend so you won't see me in this open house.;)
    550k is within your budget and looks like good condition and may need some cosmetic to bring up to modern standard. Have fun.
    Ting

3. Mich

Mich Active Member

Thanks Ting. I saw this one the day it came on the market. Defs needs some work but its the style of house Im wanting with the dual living as I have a teenager. Im actually off to Fiji today so I wont make the open this weeekend. I actually think it is overpriced for what it is. There is another in Nemies Road which is way better positioned and far nicer for $50 000 less. It should prob sell for a bit less than that though as it too needs some work but better house in my opinion. Thanks for looking out for me sister!

4. Ting

Ting Member

Enjoy your holiday;)

5. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2016-10-06-21-13-02.png
    Despite the recent price rises the median is still around $200k less than it's neighbouring suburbs like EMP, SB, Robertson and McGregor. I wouldn't be procrastinating if I intended to buy here. I can see the median price in Runcorn reaching $600k in no time.

Mich likes this.
  6. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

I would think it is already there...

Pretty sure this looks at the median over the last 12 months, if you ran it for the last 3 months you would likely get a much higher number.

7. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Yes another source shows the median at $535k, it's moving definitely.

8. Mich

Mich Active Member

I am officially gobsmacked!! 1100m2 of absolute beachfront blocks (literally metres from back door to beach) $450 000 (fj) so maybe $300 000 au just near where we are staying here in Fiji. I saw it with my own eyes. So 3 times the land for 1/3 of the price of land in Runcorn. Hmmm.....

9. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Yes, and it could be at the back door in less than 20 year's time! ;)

The Y-man

Whitecat and Mich like this.
  10. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Welcome to supply vs demand.

The employment opportunities are limited and salaries are also just as limited for people in Fuji compared to Runcorn/Brisbane.

Not to mention services such as education, health, transport, roads, power etc are all far superior in Brisbane.

Whitecat likes this.
  11. Mich

Mich Active Member

Im thinking I would retire there if I took that option so I guess it would just be an issue with healthcare and rising waters :)

12. AaronR

AaronR Well-Known Member

I have one :) Going through the DA process now and will put up a separate thread detailing my journey. My biggest concern at this stage is the desirability of such a small block and the end price I can obtain. Mich has provided some real yet anecdotal evidence of wanting a block that size... but the limited history of ~300m2 blocks sold in Brisbane makes it hard to price!

RetireRich101 likes this.
  13. Mich

Mich Active Member

Update: so i had it confirmed that warrigal farms are going to continue the farm and are not going ahead with developing the sight.
    However i managed to come across a 461m2 block in kuraby on the runcorn border with a two minute walk to train for a really good price so we are absolutely ecstatic. Thanks for all the advice everyone and psylink good luck. Just look at sold prices of land in runcorn recently to price your blocks. Small blocks will sell well. What street is it in ?

RetireRich101 likes this.
  14. dan2101

dan2101 Well-Known Member

How's the market in Runcorn at the moment. Haven't been following it closely lately. Much movement over the past 3-4 months?

Whitecat likes this.