World Indices Roundup 2020

Discussion in 'Sharemarket News & Market Analysis' started by itsmescottyc, 1st Jan, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Looks like it's going to be a good day and unlike the GFC pattern the caronavirus is very different ..We may even see a mini put the seatbelt on rather then The handbrake bull run.imho.

2. Silverson

Silverson Well-Known Member

How deep could we expect to see the leg down if 3272 is not broken?

twisted strategies likes this.
  3. kitdoctor

kitdoctor Well-Known Member

The minor push in XJO has eventuated. My chart pattern of XJO strongly suggests the top of this rally for XJO is now in (early). Wave (v) nicely pushed through my governing channel but couldn't push beyond the upper boundary of the second channel and then price action reversed sharply. Here we go!

XJO hourly chart 11 June 2020.png

XJO hour;y chart 2 11 June 2020.png

Last edited: 11th Jun, 2020
    sharon, Islay, kad and 3 others like this.
  4. Pier1

Pier1 Well-Known Member

Hope everyone playing the game are making some nickles.
    6200 was more of a gentle air kiss than a tag......

5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

The first question some will be asking early today once the markets open is ''what is the maximum loss one is prepared to sustain..

6. marty998

marty998 Well-Known Member

Smart **** :p

Wall St 7% down... here we go again.

7. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I'm not going to pretend that I understand those charts, but in layman's terms, you are saying you expect a drop in prices?

8. Islay

Islay Well-Known Member

Yes, starting yesterday. Today will drop after almost 7% drop on Wall St last night.

skater likes this.
  9. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Thankyou

Islay likes this.
  10. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

He is saying he gets prices of a select group of companies through complex calculations gets an average at different points in time draws lines on maps to constantly predict that what goes up doesnt go on the same trajectory for infinity. He can then figure out that when prices get out of alignment with earning potential and the market indicates it he then is able to predict the average price of those selected companies will fall too. He is able to predict negative sentiments will cause a price drop.

11. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I note the sarcasm - but for the benefit of others, that's not actually what @kitdoctor is doing at all. He's not really looking at earning potential, just patterns in the market.

There are a set of patterns that the market has been consistently observed to follow in many (but not all) situations.

If you learn the rules and how to identify the patterns, then you can increase the probability of identifying the next likely move in price.

It is not a guarantee - it's an increase in probability.

The risks are still there and you still need to apply normal risk management techniques - but this strategy aims to reduce the risks somewhat.

12. mtat

mtat Well-Known Member

Big drop!

upload_2020-6-12_9-7-17.png

13. kitdoctor

Said with luv. Thank you.

marty998 likes this.
  14. kitdoctor

When looking at the two charts I have projected the upper boundary of one channel off the end of wave ((i)) and the upper boundary of the second channel off the end of wave ((iii)). The lower boundary of both channels passes through the end of waves ((ii)) and ((iv)). These channels frequently will identify the end of wave ((v)).

twisted strategies and skater like this.
  15. kitdoctor

55 = Fibonacci number. The rally from the low lasted 53 trading days. Coincidence? I'll let you be the judge.

XJO daily chart 55 days 12 June 2020.png

16. VanillaSlice

VanillaSlice Well-Known Member

Is there a fibonacci number for the next/current leg down and subsequent wave up as well Kitdoctor ?

17. kitdoctor

There are many ways to identify potential time (date) targets e.g. Fibonacci numbers, Fibonacci time extensions, Lucas numbers, Gann Square of Nine, etc. What one usually does is apply a number of these techniques and identify dates that cluster together, while at the same time assessing where the wave count is at to identify when the completion of the structure is lining up with the identified dates. Now that the next important move appears to be underway I can do this work, time permitting.

18. Greedo

Greedo Well-Known Member

Subjective no? I’ve seen it mentioned that the patterns are only ever confirmed retrospectively

19. TickerHound

TickerHound Well-Known Member

In addition to the indexes, it is useful to watch the leading stocks of a rally. They provide vital clues on where the market could go. For the US markets, AMZN and NLFX are the liquid leaders that moved first in this up move. Other leaders include ZM, DOCU, DXCM, LVGO and VEEV. If stocks like these breakdown, even when the market is heading higher or going sideways, that's a strong clue. If they hold up well during a correction, or a day like yesterday, that's another clue.

20. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Sure - you use the techniques to predict the likely moves in the market and then based on the probabilities, you make investment decisions based on that.

When you have confirmation that your predictions were wrong, you take action to correct the mistake.

There are no guarantees - and this is just one of a number of tools that you would use to try and increase the probability that you are right - you wouldn't use one tool or indicator in isolation.

Greedo and twisted strategies like this.