World Indices Roundup 2019

Discussion in 'Sharemarket News & Market Analysis' started by keroppi, 6th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

It didn't quite make it last week ... it's trying hard again today. 6885 ATM.

2. kitdoctor

kitdoctor Well-Known Member

There is some truth in what my nemisis has stated but this is consistent with the Elliott wave principle.

Every market including individual shares must be looked at individually. Just because a broader index may be declining (increasing) doesn't mean all traded shares in that index or even outside the index are declining (increasing). This is somewhat obvious but possibly often forgotten.

I don't care what the XJO / ASX 200 is doing when I buy a share as a short to medium term trading opportunity. I just focus on the price chart and nothing else. That's my approach. I've heard all the criticisms before but if you want to go ahead and waste your time telling me...

chief wiggum crazy giphy.gif

There are always endless opportunities out there just around the corner. One just has to develop an approach to identify these and a risk-based trading/investment strategy.

I use my understanding and forecasting of world indices simply to identify the bigger picture and manage superannuation investments but I also enjoy the challenge. What is pointless, futile, wasteful or whatever to one person is not necessarily so to another. Thankfully that always is and always has been the way throughout history. Where would we be without the countless many that have advanced the world through discoveries, inventions etc.

3. oracle

oracle Well-Known Member

Just need @Big A to make his next big purchase and that should push the index over the 7000 mark. His last purchase pushed index from 6700 to around 6850. Common @Big A you can do it...

Cheers
    Oracle

My2Cents, Snowball, Big A and 3 others like this.
  4. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

lol. Don't think it was that big. Only $200k actually went into the Aus index. But I do still have some dollars sitting around waiting to be deployed. Since the last purchase I have tried to tune out and forget about the whole timing thing. It was doing my head in. I was getting overly fixated on something that I could not control and any effort I did make to get a more favourable outcome was a 50/50 shot at best.

Problem is while switching off from watching the market intensely I switched over to my other favourite past time watching car reviews on you tube. This then lead to me buying a new car this weekend. I wasn't really in the market for a new car, but I get bored easily and I also get excited for new cars just as easily. Even investing with the worse timing in equities would yield better than investing in cars. Should just stick to buying equities rather than buying cars. :confused:

sharon, MikeyM, Froxy and 5 others like this.
  5. Silverson

Silverson Well-Known Member

Righto, what car did you invest in?
    As a fellow car lover I too should stay away from carsales

Big A likes this.
  6. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

After having had an SUV I can never go back to driving anything else as a daily. But SUV doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. So I found a mid size suv that has a 5L supercharged V8 with 550 horses. The Jaguar F Pace SVR. This thing sounds insane. Looks good for a SUV and very impressed with the interior. And most importantly it hauls a**.
    Can’t say Jaguar was ever on my radar. But this thing is something else.

pippen likes this.
  7. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Another benefit of being 'all-in', no free cash to flutter away :D

Froxy and Big A like this.
  8. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

I agree. But I have a weakness for cars. And it’s amplified with the fact I like changing it up and trying different ones often.

The way I look at it when I get bored and want something different it’s still cheaper flipping cars than flipping women.

That’s why the wife is so support of my car habit. :D

9. Redwing

Luxury Hire Cars a possible solution to the habit :D

upload_2019-12-2_17-58-45.png

upload_2019-12-2_18-1-3.png

pippen and Big A like this.
  10. Redwing

At least you can afford the expensive vehicles....my version

upload_2019-12-2_18-5-57.png

sharon, monk, Froxy and 1 other person like this.
  11. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

The way I see it is that the more I invest the more income I have flowing in to keep buying my cars.
    But it’s also contradictory in that the less I waste on cars the more I can invest.
    It’s a confusing loop. But ultimately the purpose of having so much investment cash flow is to be able to be able to buy what ever you desire. Wether that’s time , cars , travel e.t.c

marty998, Froxy, Silverson and 2 others like this.
  12. Silverson

Silverson Well-Known Member

They do sound incredible!

Big A likes this.
  13. Redwing

Bah Humbug, nothing wrong with the Kia Sportage or Mitsubishi ASX :D

Big A and Froxy like this.
  14. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

I got the date right didnt I ? Today, big down day. Could this be the start?
    The other thing with charting these days is with the advent of algorithmic trading computers etc etc I reckon they program them to overrun the old charting moves just to mess us chartists up and create more confusion and doubt among retail participants especially.
    Perfect example with this now what I would call a triple top.
    Each top not exactly the same number but mighty close enough for me to call it for my intents and purposes only.

I better stop making predictions on here then. :D

sharon, Froxy, Nodrog and 1 other person like this.
  15. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

If we see a continued down trend over the next few days we will declare @Phar Lap the oracle of PC. :p

sharon and Phar Lap like this.
  16. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Nothing to worry about Mr Trump was in the media over the past few days,as another country is in his line of fire..And TRUMP knows full well as his high --profit model runs and is focused on the 16--49 demographics and just looking at the bidding process and the waiting in line ques ,only one that has taken us around the world several times is in the fast bucks derelict harbour-side land range and looking at how some use the creep provisions to buy 3 percent every six months without making a full take-over bid..imho..

17. Phar Lap

I seriously do not understand lots of your posts.
    I must be dumb as....

sharon and ChrisP73 like this.
  18. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

I thought it was just me who could not make out what he was trying to say. o_O

19. Phar Lap

That post above is on another level. Id love to know what its all about though as @willair is one that I respect a lot.

20. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Sorry about that if it comes out as i'm communicating cryptically ,but i just see it all in a different way..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.