Woodcroft

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by newbie_e, 7th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. newbie_e

newbie_e Member

Hi guys,

New to this forum. I have a property in Woodcroft. Initially bought with my partner as an investment but also picked something we could live in if we wanted to.

I am wanting to secure some land, however everything appears to be too expensive.

I was looking at this one in Quakers hill

16 Galbraith Street Quakers Hill NSW 2763 - Residential Land for Sale #201923982 - realestate.com.au

But I'm not sure how good of a deal this is and whether or not having 2 properties so close to one another is the right move. Thoughts?

2. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of battle axe blocks if understanding diagram.

It's kind of like semi. I know it's not. Maybe town house complex.

Any discount over street facing normal blocks?

3. newbie_e

newbie_e Member

I assume this may be the discount because it seems relatively cheap...

4. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Anything in the quakers hill or sydney will ultimately sell, no doubt about that. But I am not a fan of that kind of blocks. The house designs for those shapes are not very fancy looking

newbie_e likes this.
  5. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

Agreed with others. Not a fan of battleaxe properties. Will be tough for resale too. They are other good properties in Quakers hill.

There was a nice property 500m to the station which I posted on the forum which was gone in 1 week.

Maybe look at this one. In a good location

26 Pendley Crescent Quakers Hill NSW 2763 - House for Sale #126742210 - realestate.com.au

newbie_e likes this.
  6. pwnitat0r

pwnitat0r Well-Known Member

In Blacktown there is good frontage, 20-25m, and decent size blocks of land that come with a house on it for ~$1,200/sqm

newbie_e likes this.
  7. AAA2214

8. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

By the time you factor in building costs on a block here (even for a basic 4x2x2 house) you're looking at high $700K's - take a look at what existing stock has sold for in this price bracket as I believe it represents better value. Even some of the older duplexes (renovated) in the area are on similar land and cheaper than building new. Also be aware that not everyone would be happy being this side of QH and so close to the sewage treatment plant- comes down to personal choice.

newbie_e likes this.
  9. AAA2214

Hi Jacque,

Did you mean 700k as the build costs or land+build costs?

I think in this estate most of the block of land sells very quickly. Maybe this block is still left bcoz its a battleaxe

10. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hi @AAA2214 $700K referring to total cost of new block + house. It's surprising how fast those display "total build costs" can add up, so make sure you budget a 10-20% contingency on top of what you're quoted by the building companies here.

Battle axe blocks are normally cheaper in these estates as a general rule too.

newbie_e likes this.
  11. AAA2214

Got it!

The land itself is selling around 520-600k as they are big blocks around 500sq . To add about 300-350k for build costs for a 4 bedder. So we are looking at around low to mid 800s for the total build cost + stamp duty :(