Wollongong/Illawarra Mortgage Broker

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Pedro, 21st Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Pedro

Pedro New Member

Hi all,
    I've been a forum member for a few months. I am seeking a mortgage broker in the Wollongong/Illawarra area. Would be great if the broker had a strong network of contacts, including accountant. I am aiming to build a portfolio over the long term. A mortgage broker with a portfolio of their own would be ideal. As I know they get it!

Please leave high quality contacts that would be worth me calling.

Muchly appreciated.

2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Jamie Moore is in ACT .............he posts here and gets it

ta
    rolf

3. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

I know where you're coming from but personally I wouldn't choose a broker based on location. Face to face is ideal, but results are more important (even if you only ever meet by skype). Having said that you may well get an excellent broker in the area you mentioned without a recommendation from this forum.

I don't think we have a broker in that area who posts here, but I could be wrong. People will recommend brokers to you here, but in my experience some brokers are very much overstretched (you'll have to check for yourself if they have time to work with you). Just saying there may be no harm in doing it the old fashioned way, look up brokers in your area, meet them and see if they have a personal passion for investing and possibly catch an underutilised but utterly fantastic broker. Nothing worse than never being able to get hold of your broker, hearing them sigh when they pick up the phone, pressure in their voice/email which says "you've got 5 minutes..." If you're early on in your investing you may be lucky as you'll probably be relatively easy work.

Last edited: 21st Nov, 2016
  4. Pedro

Pedro New Member

Thanks for the advice.

5. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Well-Known Member

Yes and i believe he travels to Woolongong most Thursdays to see clients.