NSW Windows lock requirement on strata units

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by kennyboi, 15th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

And, if I were an owner in that building, I would be very concerned that in due course the OC will either be bankrupt, unless the tenant removed the Venlocks, and the OC will be up for some compensation that will make their eyes spin, given a photo in SMH made it look like an 8 pack red-brick place where the incident occurred.

All resi initial inspections should show locks installed.

And while I'm at it, anybody reading this post should ENSURE that any mixer taps have no slow leaks, as a failure of the flexi-hose is catastrophic.

They must be checked either annually or every time a plumber walks into your unit IP.

Share this post with anyone in strata you know.

Our building has just had a mixer tap fail in a strata IP and the unit got flooded, the kitchen was destroyed, the lounge/dining room, all under 4cm water, where 40 years ago no waterproofing was done in the original build, and the poor neighbours underneath suffered terribly the effects of gravity, which damaged their kitchen and bathroom ceilings.

Irrespective of whether your mixer tap has a 5, 7 or 10 year warranty, the consequences of a failure are terrible.

Do what you need to do.

Stoffo likes this.
  2. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I read an article once warning about them, saying how they were ticking time bombs and should be avoided if possible. I'll definitely keep this in mind.

Ted Varrick likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia