Will they rezone my residential R2 land in a Conservation Area to R4?

Discussion in 'Development' started by northfan, 28th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. northfan

    northfan Member

    5th Oct, 2015
    Hi all, below is a bit of background of the property -

    average block of land in the upper north shore of Sydney, the property is in the middle of a Conservation Area and currently zoned as low density R2. it is 270m away from the local train station so it is pretty close to those existing R4 high density buildings as well.

    I don't want to purchase a property that might have the surrounding blocks of land rezoned into R4 because obviously I don't want have high rise apartment buildings sitting next to my house/backyard.

    My question is given the fact that all surrounding blocks of land are in this Conservation Area and currently zoned as R2 low density, can they rezone such land to R4?

    Can I assume that Conservation Area means "No, you can't knock down these R2 low density old houses and build your apartment buildings"?