Why negatively geared landlords are going to struggle the most with reducing rents for tenants

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Peter2013, 22nd Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

When times are hard for the landlord (like interest rise to 9% ) I will ask the tenants to assist me by paying more than the agreed rental!

Angel and wylie like this.
  2. Melbourne_guy

Melbourne_guy Well-Known Member

For fear of aggrieving some, I'm not going into the whole issue again and rake up old wounds but to add my perspective, I have nearly been electrocuted and gassed via carbon monoxide inhalation within the space of a few weeks. Fortunately temperatures are still warm and the heater isn't really used but it was discovered only as a result of the electrical investigation. The landlord didn't break any rules (doing the bare minimum) and rectified the issue immediately (at quite considerable cost) but it still doesn't resolve the issue of thousands of Australians unwittingly living in dangerous rental properties with faulty wiring and gas appliances.

3. iloveqld

iloveqld Well-Known Member

Then you should call someone to check before you move it, similar to when you will buy a house one day.

abc_123 likes this.
  4. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

Yes that's a great idea. Maybe I'll sign leases where they have to pay a proportion of my interest and land tax (which seems to double or triple year on year at times).

5. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

Then I will suggest to the government they can't say no.
    They must reach a fair increase with me :)