Which platform should I use? Is Commsec ok?

Discussion in 'Sharemarket Investing Platforms, Tools & Services' started by Frank Manno, 4th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Isn't joining any of these broker platforms free? Why not just sign up and figure out from there?

(Unless you are opening up a full blown unristricted options trading account or some such!)

The Y-man

2. Chris Au

Chris Au Well-Known Member

Code for 'sign up for one of our platforms where you get quarterly reports (rather than going in at any time to check) and a tax statement that comes in November (my experience)' (oh and we - the brokers - get ongoing fees for your involvement in our platform).

Pay for one off advice and try a free platform.

3. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

I use CMC no issues, found it easy to use although reporting is less than ideal unless you use Sharesight which is linked and is much better/amazing.

4. piN00b

piN00b Member

Hi,

I currently use ANZ eTrade, but what I don't like about it is that linked cash account only has 0.1% IR. With Nabtrade you can have linked saver account which is 2.15% and it's instant to transfer money to trading account.

Currently my cash is in various online saver accounts and it takes a day to transfer to ANZ, so not ideal.

Also, Nabtrade is has cheaper brokerage as well, so might be worth the hassle moving from ANZ?