which bed frame for dustmite allergy person?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by SteffS, 27th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. SteffS

SteffS Well-Known Member

I'm sure the fabic is nogo for us.
    Wondering how are the white gloss bed frames?or PU leather?
    Which you recommend?

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I would stick with painted wood - much easier to keep clean and dust-free.

Definitely no fabric. Leather is probably okay, but I would still aim for painted wood as a preference.

Do you have dust mite covers for the mattress, quilt and pillows? That's far more important than the bed frame.

Also, look to remove any carpet if possible.

If there is eczema involved, you may also want to investigate the content on this website - Home - Food Intolerance Network We're going through our own frustrating journey right now to work out what causes my 6yo daughter's eczema to flare up. The only "allergy" she has is dust mites - but I've found certain foods tend to make her worse, which lead me to that site and a discovery that many of the preservatives and other things added to our foods can make things worse in some people (it's not necessarily an "allergy", it's more of an "intolerance" or "sensitivity" and can take a while to build up in the system - it's not necessarily an instant reaction).

3. Graeme

Graeme Well-Known Member

Leather is generally better than fabric for dust mites. It's easier to clean, and less permeable to dust.