Cash & Bonds Where's best place to keep cash other than a bank?

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by Frank Manno, 4th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Why so secretive? Rabobank has a 3.05% savings account. Hsbc has 3%. No negotiation needed. This is public info. Usually only for a few months but you can move it around.

2. Swuzz

Swuzz Well-Known Member

Which broker are you going with Frank?
    Commsec pay 1.75%on CDIA balance.

3. Frank Manno

Frank Manno Well-Known Member

Not that I'm being secretive about the bank's details that they are offering 3%

I just don't want to make it public which bank my money is in thats all - Not that I'm trying to hide it from members of this forum, just from scammers. I don't want an outsider knowing 'Frank Manno has x amount of $$ in x bank'. The less info someone can google search about us the better.

I have been scammed before by someone who stole my mobile phone details and ported it to another phone and started messaging my wife asking finance related questions. Since then I have been careful.

Sorry for the paranoia :)

-Frank

4. Frank Manno

Actually Swuzz,

I'm with Commsec already but didn't know about the 1.75% on CDIA Balance.. My other option was BellDirect.. I don't think I'll hold much in CDIA for very long anyway.

-Frank

5. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Understand the privacy concern. My point was more why do you have to negotiate to get 3% when at least two banks offer it to everyone?

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Change your name from @Frank Manno to @george Clooney?

Redwing and Frank Manno like this.
  7. Frank Manno

Well thats how I negotiate by telling them that other banks are offering it. The offer I have at 3% was an introductory offer for 3 month back in February. So every 3 months I need to re negotiate to keep it at 3%, they won't just leave it at 3%. Which is fine it's just a phone call, otherwise I'll just move my funds to another bank.

-Frank

8. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Maybe become un-linked,every day most are bombarded every five minutes too much useless information ,too much television ,endless emails ,too much wanna-be small #### social media,they are only some of the problems from being too connected ..
    Btw Frank I rang up every Bank I invest in yesterday-- just testing one against each to see if any where offering above the mystical 3% not one offered that short term on demand ,so you have done well..
    imho..

Frank Manno likes this.
  9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Unless you're buying bank shares, you're not investing/speculating, you are depositing or loaning funds to the bank and are an unsecured creditor (barring any government guarantees).

willair likes this.