Where would you invest $250K - $350K?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by mercthunder, 8th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Cmelderis

Cmelderis Well-Known Member

@sash would you put your money in Kurri Kurri or Metford? Hospital and train are pushing me towards Metford but Kurri Kurri has the TAFE and appears to have a nice sense of community? FYI I am looking for under 350k hence zoning in on these two areas

2. MichaelGarland

MichaelGarland Well-Known Member

I'm 31 and own nothing now .mortgage broker says I can borrow $350,000 max for a PPOR and recommended that or $400,000 investment at 95% lvr . Looked at Frankston north and maybe outside price range . Looked at block of land in Mambourin but can't afford to build on if I bought . So a 2/3 bed unit in hoppers crossing would be good or something in Corio ? I'm not sure a the moment because it looks like everything is slowing down at the moment so might be better to wait 1 year or more thanks .

3. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

There could still be stuff in the $350k mark in the Geelong area (that's not in Corio or Norlane) if you can sink in some money for a quick reno. Melton West is still possible too. Don't do Mambourin, why would a renter live that far off from amenities? They say it's got a proposed train station, who knows when it may happen.

4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I already have one there...some more growth...I bought mine in Tenambit for 205k.

Cmelderis likes this.
  5. Cmelderis

Cmelderis Well-Known Member

Yes I had seen you own in Tenambit, was just wondering what your views are on kurri kurri vs metford...if you be so kinf as to give me your thoughts ;)

6. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I think Metford non rough areas will do well. People who work in hospitals are well oaid and do some rudiculous shifts so they will look for something closeby

Cmelderis likes this.
  7. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Melbourne is peaking, you sure you want to jump in this late in the cycle? I would either wait (which could be a while for correction in Melbourne) or buy where it already corrected and going for bargain? I am betting my money on Perth at the moment.

8. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

If your budget is around $400K I would personally go for Moreton Bay area if you do wanna invest now. You can still get something around Strathpine/Lawnton/Bray Park area for that budget, may require some small cosmetic reno but that's where I would go. Gross yield would also be better than Melbourne/Geelong in general so will be easier to hold long term.

Cheers,
    David

AJay likes this.