QLD Where to invest under 600,000 in Brisbane?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Abethan, 9th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Abethan

Abethan New Member

Hi Community, I'm looking for an investment property in Brisbane to buy within the next 6months. I would appreciate it if you could suggest t few suburbs to look f, which have good growth rates.

Never giveup likes this.
  2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

A lot of Brisbane suburbs have surged, so 600K is looking a little low.

I suggest you expand your area to greater brisbane and include gold coast region as well.

Good growth .... well Brisbane has been quite flat and now boomed.So historical figures might not be so useful.

If i had your budget i would seek 400-500K in Logan, 600K in Rochedale South etc. and other BRisbane burbs and 600K in some Gold coast suburbs also.

In 6 months time, thing may have got even more expensive

Never giveup likes this.
  3. Abethan

Abethan New Member

Thanks a lot, @boganfromlogan, for the reply. What's your opinion about buying a townhouse for under 450k in the south? I have seen in the recent past few townhouses sold for under 400k but rented for around 450/week.

4. boganfromlogan

I suggest buying a house with good land component. Some houses could do with a new kitchen or could be 4 bedrooms if configured differently......maybe build in garage under roof. Maybe build granny flat?

That would be better than townhouses IMHO

Whitecat, Abethan and Branden like this.
  5. Branden

Branden Well-Known Member Business Member

For 600k I would look at Rochedale South. There was a range of high-demand suburbs 6 months ago for this price point but think they are all now closer to 650-700k. A cheaper alternative would be the LGA's of Moreton Bay and Logan where you could spend anywhere from 350-550k for a quality property.

As already suggested, a general rule of thumb for growth is to focus on purchasing an established house with a decent-sized land component. If the property has value add potential you will also be able to manufacture equity.

6. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

$600k will get you into all the Logan Eastern Suburbs- Rochedale South, Springwood, Daisy Hill, Cornubia, Shailer Park. These suburbs are halfway between traditional Logan and Brisbane when it comes to the demographic, capital growth potential and yield. They've seen some crazy growth lately in both rental and sale values.

Never giveup, kacheek and gman65 like this.
  7. Jaacksn

Jaacksn Well-Known Member

Springfield lakes
    Check it out on YouTube
    Planned community, big blocks around 500k on house built 10-15 years ago
    5%+ yield
    Close to uni infrastructure, good income + education

Patrick Bateman and momentum26 like this.
  8. boganfromlogan

AND Wimbledon champions!! Keep up!!

9. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Logan. Its on fire.

boganfromlogan likes this.
  10. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

And tonnes of spare land. I'd be looking elsewhere...

Last edited: 13th Jul, 2021
  11. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Which suburbs are you looking at? Don't forget about strata fees which eat into yield. With good houses still available for $450k why would you go for a townhouse?

Never giveup likes this.
  12. MelindaJennison

MelindaJennison Brisbane Buyer's Agent & QPIA Business Member

There are still some locations within this budget that I would consider investment grade. If you are looking for good growth, I'm assuming capital growth is your main focus? If this is the case you need to consider the potential for future supply (ie: how much land is available in the area surrounding the suburb that is developable in the future?). Capital growth occurs when demand outstrips supply, so even in high growth corridors (ie high population growth) if there is a lot of potential for future supply you may not achieve the upward pressure on prices that you may be looking for over the longer term.
    I agree with others that you may need to consider areas outside of the Brisbane City Council region based on your budget if you are looking for a freehold house.

Mitchell.Ellis16 and balotelli14 like this.
  13. Jaacksn

Jaacksn Well-Known Member

Tonnes of spare land? spring mountain is almost all finished then after that it’s just further west to build out redbank plans or south east towards greenbank

Greenback arterial and white rock can’t be built on

14. Brad England

Brad England Well-Known Member

Why are we ignoring Morton bay ;)
    Bray park, Strathpine, Lawnton and now Kallangur
    Price are already around 600k.
    Members what are your thoughts?

The Artisan likes this.
  15. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

We are not ignoring Morton Bay there is an active thread for Petrie/Kallangur already if you search but yes there is not a specific thread on Moreton Bay explicitly that I can see.

Moreton Bay is going off the charts. Strathpine, Petrie, Lawnton, Kallangur have all gone crazy. Even the northside suburbs like Bald Hills are so hot at the moment everything is flying off the shelves.

I dont see much chat about Redland either but thats going off as well. Actually when you think about it ALL of Brisbane is flying now. Brisbane, Logan, Moreton, Redland and even now Ipswich.

Tom87, Brad England and Branden like this.
  16. The Artisan

The Artisan Well-Known Member

Moreton Bay is my new favourite target area and I'll be moving there in the next 3 months. Lots of development, Sandgate/Redcliffe is a beautiful area for a Sunday morning breakfast, plenty of infrastructure, good roads, plenty of jobs/industry and the bay is right on the doorstep for the boaties and fisherman. Must be why everyone smiles at you as you walk by!
    The population in this south-east Queensland region is set to exceed Tasmania. Here's how they'll manage.

Brad England likes this.
  17. A101

A101 Member

Bald hills is a great suburb and still ok value for a BBC suburb (everything else is well above 600k now), easy access to M1 and M3, train line, city in 30min, airport in 15min, new petrie campus in 20min, pine River for boating in 10min, peninsula in 10min.

18. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Those suburbs were bought out by PCers a few years ago when the typical prices were $300k.

trinity168, Whitecat and Never giveup like this.
  19. Jason H

Jason H Active Member

20. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

Patrick Bateman likes this.