Where should I look next?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jmillar, 23rd Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Hear, hear

2. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

@Jmillar
    Firstly well done ...
    If I were you, i would actually look to offload the ones that have done the cg or have little CG potential and reinvest the proceeds somewhere else - maybe blue chip properties ( im assuming you do not have any - correct me if incorrect), or even a different asset class such as the share market.
    At your age, you would want quality that will give you a steady and good returns in say 25- 30 years time instead of pure quantity- thats my point; making assumptions with the little we have to go on.

Perthguy likes this.
  3. Jmillar

Jmillar Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    Thanks for your comments.

I don't believe in selling as there is too much lost in the process. I also don't believe in "blue chip properties" (I assume you mean lower yielding properties that are in 'better areas' and will 'have more growth'). I believe cheaper properties have as much growth, if not more, than more expensive ones and are always sought after, whether the market is good or bad. Also the cashflow of the cheaper properties makes it easier to hold a larger portfolio, and spreads the risk.

That's just my strategy, it's worked for me up until now and I'll stick with it moving forward. Although I'll also look for other opportunities to add value and create equity so I can improve my portfolio. Down the track when I'm ready to retire I'll lock to turn all my equity into cashflow, and possibly sell down a few.

Cheers

HeavenlyThang likes this.
  4. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Ok..if that's your strategy amd you're comfortable with it (and obviously it has worked for you in the past)..it makes sense understandanby you do not want to change it. Doesn't mean you should or should not...
    However..I do not fully agree with your statement about cheaper properties real growth irrespective of market conditions. If that were true, then why would not everyone stick to that strategy?
    In any case...I understand your strategy which is successfully employed by many on this forum and there are numerous threads on cheaper area properties. Good luck.