WA Where and when to buy

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Kerolah, 17th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kerolah

Kerolah Member

Hey guys,

I am in my early stages of finally researching when i want to buy my first property.

My GF and i have about $250k saved up for a house. I want to live north of the river as i have grown up in the City of joondalup my whole life. However, it would be good if we lived a bit closer to claremont as thats where my GF works and i am a civil engineer so my job would most likely be in the city or industrial area ( I am focusing on my online small business atm) I live rent free with my parents and my gf pays a small feee per week.

My gf job is very secure and pays about 80k a yr. My job i predict will pay about 50-60k a yr. I would prefer a smallish mortgage as i hate debt and would love to be able to invest money in my businesses ideas when i get that eureka moment.

So with that being said:
    • When do you think i should buy?
    • Where do you think i should buy?
    • How much should i spend?

Any direction will help as i will do my own research, i will also keep an eye on this forum.

Thanks in advance Property chat forum people :D

2. hathro

hathro Member

You'll need debt to fund your property or business. Use an offset account to manage your cash flow should you need money for your business.

Perthguy likes this.
  3. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

I would suggest picking up an older one or two bed flat. Start small, renovate and ride any upswing.

Perthguy likes this.