When do you notice peak demand?

Discussion in 'Airbnb & Short Term Letting' started by Tim86, 25th Jun, 2023.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

I thought the colder months were meant to be quiet but it's been busier for us?

14 bookings in the past 30 days.... And if it wasn't for a glitch with the air bnb calendar preventing us from adjusting the 3 night min, we probably would have had 100% occupancy this month. As it stands we ended up with 5 days vacant this month.

We just air bnb downstairs of our house in Brisbane. So it's not a fancy tourist spot or anything.

What are other people noticing with demand lately and what have people noticed in previous years? This is our first year doing air bnb.

Thanks

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if it is people who don't want to visit Brisbane in the hotter months?

We always choose to travel in colder months (destination). I'm not interested in travelling somewhere when it is hot.

3. Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday Well-Known Member

As predicted Bonza budget $50 airfare travel Boom. It is happening in all destinations. Those capitalizing on it are laughing all the way to the bank. I see some of those college leases you could buy for 100 or 200k are on Airbnb for over 1k a week, a 12% yeild with 75% vacancy.

Last edited: 25th Jun, 2023
  4. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Definitely slower for me in the colder months, but I have a one bedroom heritage warehouse apartment in a touristy part of Fremantle.

This week looks like the first actual gap in bookings for the whole year, and probably since October '22 - I have a 3 night minimum and have probably only had like 10 days unbooked all year up to now.