Whats you Interest rate?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by turfy77, 16th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Coconutwheels

Coconutwheels Well-Known Member

Cheers......not much chop going direct, I actually spoke to them briefly yesterday.

Basically I'd need to apply for further lending with them or have an offer from another lender. Or....if earning more than $150k individually, I'd get a "CBA personal banker" and get a "really good" offer.

2. Coconutwheels

Coconutwheels Well-Known Member

nah....we moved back to NSW 12 months ago brought forward our plan to work only casually, to have more time with the kids while they are young.

Pre apra we may have scraped over line still, but not now.

3. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

Get a broker. They can get you an offer to use, and get you a discount without doing any new lending or income verification.

Coconutwheels likes this.
  4. ross100

ross100 Well-Known Member

yes you are right PPOR is 65% IP is 95% and are not fixed. Is this good.

5. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

As long as they're not fixed it's fine, it will need restructuring so you don't have to pay any LMI but if you've got servicing capacity it will be easy.

Fees will depend on lender, maybe a discharge fee which can be around $350, and whatever application fees are required (often none) and maybe a valuation fee (usually none) and some assorted government charges.

Last edited: 4th Feb, 2016
    ross100 likes this.
  6. Arcticfire

Arcticfire Well-Known Member

Hi all

I'm interested in the 1.5% discount of the STD with CBA however i'm currrently with CBA on about a 1.25% discount with about 3 mill lend

A question for the resisdent brokers how much extra would I have to borrow to be able to get the extra discount ie is it a matter of getting a extra say 100K line of credit

Obviously a bit annoyed that they seem to treat new customers better than existing loyal customers

Obviously I can threaten to leave again and see what happens

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

7. Jess Peletier

A $100k LOC should do it. You may be able to get a further discount off what you have with no new lending, but it won't be 1.5%.

CBA are also heavily discounting their fixed rates (2 and 3 year), so if you aren't doing much for the next couple of years that could be worth looking at.

8. Arcticfire

Thanks Jess

I just spoke to my private banker and he wants me to borrow another 1 mil before he gives me the 1.5% discount

I think I might have a chat to a broker such as yourself and do a deal outside the bank

Do you like long distance relationships or best to deal with a broker in NSW

Cheers

9. Jess Peletier

Long distance is fine, most of us here are comfortable with it :)

10. Arcticfire

Thanks Jess

Better discuss with wife first and get her onboard before I starting talking to pretty lady in Perth :)

Coconutwheels, tobe and Jess Peletier like this.
  11. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

lol - he wants you to borrow another mill. That's code for "can't be bothered writing a $100k application"

Whatever happened to responsible lending :-(

Hit up Jess.

Cheers

Jamie

12. nth brisbanite

nth brisbanite Well-Known Member

4. 19 was the lowest I could get. I tried to get the wealth package fee of 395 waived but they said I was already on a great deal. Do you know of any existing borrowers getting this fee waived? I know that new borrowers can get it waived in first year.

13. Arcticfire

If you are eligible for cba private bank or I assume cba private office you get the wealth package fee waived

But unfortunately not if you are at premium banking level

14. God_of_money

God_of_money Well-Known Member

Commonwealth Private Office was created in 2010 to cater for clients that require a deeper level of investment advice and engagement with investable assets of $10 million or more.

If I have $10mil to invest, I wont be bothered with $395... a small change

15. Wukong

Wukong Well-Known Member

So for CBA customers who can't get a 1.5% discount because we're retention. Where do go to get good rates? :)

16. Balman

Balman Well-Known Member

I would say ring the retention team with some competitor quotes and try to get the 1.5% discount. But in saying that i don't think any of the big banks are offering such a discount so CBA may not budge on your current discounts.

My brokers managed to get me a verbal 1.5% discount, but mentioned that this discount may not be applicable on the Line of Credits....where a lessor discount will be applicable .

17. Jess Peletier

CBA are also pricing fixed rates - I just got 0.4% off their 2 yr fixed on an IP under 80%, which brings it to 4.19% for IP and 3.99% for OO. No new money, either, so if you can't get the 1.5% off the SVR and have no plans to do much for a couple of years, that is a very good deal.

Coconutwheels likes this.
  18. nth brisbanite

nth brisbanite Well-Known Member

I got 4.19% as I mentioned in a previous post. In retrospect, I probably should have gone harder and gone for 4.05 - 4.1% because I sense that CBA are open for deals at the moment.

Does anyone know why CBA will negotiate IP loans at the moment while most of the others (eg NAB and AMP) are very dismissive on any attempts to negotiate.

19. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

CBA have the space in their investor margins to take on more business without upsetting APRA - so they're doing the prudent thing and trying to pull in as much new business as they can within the narrow parameters available.

Last edited: 5th Feb, 2016
    158 and Phantom like this.
  20. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    ANZ have just lifted the rate on their Equity LOC by 27 bpts...effective Feb 12