whats the best way of doing this. (beginner)

Discussion in 'Development' started by Elives, 20th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Elives

Elives Well-Known Member

theres a splitter block brisbane. (2x 10m by 40m lots) i can't demolish the old house though so i want to move it to one side of the block and build on the other side.

1. the house width is about 9 metres can this be done on a 10m width lot or is there a certain distance the house width has to be to allow for side excess?

2. could i buy this as a PPOR and do this? i would think not. and if i can't whats the best structure to do this? corporate trustee?

3. also does anyone know any good town planners in brisbane that they've used?

4. and there are 2 big trees on the block who would i ask about being aloud to get rid of them? the council or town planner?

5. when i did speak to a council town planner he said that the block was above the flood line? but the online flood maps showed it was completely flooded?

2. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

Town planner?

@RPI on here is your man.

Can't speak for qld controls.

Elives and Sackie like this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Agree with @AndrewTDP, pay a small fee and get block options from a TP.

Elives likes this.
  4. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

If you pm me the address I will answer through here (sans identifying info)

Sackie likes this.
  5. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Thanks for the address.

I get 9.1m across the roof from the aerial measurement. What is the wall to wall width, that is the real key on this one.

You want to have a 1m setback from the outside boundary but argument may be able to be made regarding the middle one.

It is not showing any significant landscape trees in the overlay but it is possible, depending on species, that they may be protected. Arborist is the one to ask (if a tree lopper is willing to take them down without approval they are normally on the ball too because of the fines if they are not).

There are multiple properties on each side that seem to have a significantly reduced setback to one of the boundaries. That will really help your case.

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

My last arborist allowed me to write the recommendation in his report and he signed it. :D Bless his soul.