WA whats peoples opinions on willagee Perth

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by adam duckworth, 27th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. adam duckworth

adam duckworth Well-Known Member

so I've been looking at willagee for possible future investment, the vacancy rates are currently 0.80% and have been around 1-2% for some time, average days on market is around 55, and in the state perth is in i thought was quite good? median price is 550k, yields are around the 3.5- 4% mark, close to murdoch uni, fremantle and not too far from CBD. seen a few character style homes in the 450-500 region, (reno needed) any input or opinion very welcome :)

2. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

It's as good as any area, possibly better than most. Try to buy a lot which is su divisable whilst retaining the existing home and you should do reasonably well out of the investment.

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I've had a soft spot for Willagee for awhile but never bought there. Just before it was rezoned I was going to but thankfully didn't as prices dropped back quite a bit after the long wait for rezoning.

@MTR and @Oshawott own in there.

I think it has good fundamentals but not sure that anything really stacks up for a development but might be fine for a buy and hold.

adam duckworth and MTR like this.
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Damn it Myf it went nuts ...then fell
    Over...I have to hold, developing makes no sense at the moment for me... but have a soft spot for Willagee too

Westminster and adam duckworth like this.
  5. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

My nanna retired to Willagee when she left Three Springs.

It is fine. Not too far from the city and close to Freo. It had (has?) a stigma but that will erode over time with the proximity.

adam duckworth likes this.
  6. adam duckworth

adam duckworth Well-Known Member

yeah exactly all my thoughts. and my plan was to but subdivide retain old house and reno and build on the back, brickie by trade as is my old man so most things hands on we can do and know a lot in the industry, building wise that is, not so much on the council side of things. definitely going to keep watching it anyway.
    while I'm on this whats your thoughts on geraldton too, long term wise :D
    @MTR @Westminster @Bonz @Ross Forrester

7. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Adam if you are around tonight and not doing anything come down to the Bathers Beach House in freo as there is a Perth get together from 6:30

Ross Forrester likes this.