What's next for Brisbane jobs

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by JDP1, 16th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

Sap pays big bucks everywhere in the world and only large companies can afford them ones with revenues and capacities in the millions and no doubt Brisbane has its share but most companies with Capacity to be able to purchase sap are asx200 companies which majority of the hq are in Melb or Sydney. I am not saying Brisbane does not have high paying jobs it does but if the overall jobs for IT in general u will see pays lower than what one would expect in Melb or Sydney.

Whitecat likes this.
  2. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Don't understand what you are saying...but anyway...the ultimate question is has it risen? the answer is yes, and for inner and mid it's a strong rise and over the last few years...qtr after qtr.
    Can't argue with that...jobs or no jobs.

Whitecat likes this.
  3. melbournian

Question is have you bought anything recently in the last year? Got to put ur money with ur keyboard warrior skills.

4. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Yes.. but not in Australia.. for family reasons.

5. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

I'm not laughing at 50% growth in my PPOR :D in Sydney. It's that growth helping me increase investment in Brisbane :D:cool: (ok, Moreton Bay to be precise :rolleyes: ) and put plenty of money into the QLD economy in the process :):).

Whitecat, Sam Yue and melbournian like this.
  6. melbournian

I purchased a villa in Bali too but again it has no relevance to buying in Australia so why bother to relating an overseas purchase in a Brisbane post. I rest my case with last post in this topic good luck either way

7. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

You asked not me...

8. melbournian

I did but for Brisbane though not London.

9. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Already own one in bn..and have seen values rise over the last few yrs not only my my hood but in comparable areas within Brisbane - and bank Val's agree with my assessment.

Whitecat and melbournian like this.
  10. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Yes facts are facts on this matter. Youngish professional OOs are out there buying. I've seen it for the last 2 years.

11. melbournian

no doubt everything has risen. i could throw a dart in majority of cities outside mining etc and it has gone up. So has the inflation index, so has the cost of meals. what was $6 meal is now $13 over last few years. what we want as investors are the highest gain whether it is brisbane, darwin or sydney or melbourne. there is no point for me buying a place for 200K and rises 5-6% year or 10% yearly when strategic buying or developing can yield you 20%. I agree brisbane has potential but seeing you posts on brisbanites are tight on 2-3K which is the cause of low auction rates and high paying jobs don't exists coz ppl hold on to them? i think any reasonable person will find that flawed . I think if rocks rained in brisbane, you probably called them gold.

12. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to see how I can hype rocks as gold...trump did it so I know it can be done.
    Anyway, thosr who bought in Brisbane (mostly bcc) the last 3 or so years (including myself) have seen well above inflation gains. check out some other posts where people including myself have posted rpdata figures on Brisbane inner and mid suburbs and you can see how they have consistently risen over the last 3 plus years- well above inflation. you can also just google it to find the reports. sentiment on the ground backs that as does bank Val's in them allowing to take out equity.
    I understand your point about developing... however not everyone wants to develop.

Last edited: 19th Nov, 2016
    Whitecat likes this.
  13. melbournian

When did I say u had to develop? I am no developer and u can sell without developing, Also the inflation index is what 1-3%? Even some bank bonds offer higher than that

No one is doubting there are rises and the original post and link was abt jobs in IT in Brisbane I was purely giving a logical view on why I don't think it is the case And ur counter response was they are no high paying jobs coz they are all ppl who sit on it for years which sounds silly. No offence taken. I see a lot who think Brisbane will boom have put all their chips there and rightly so why don't u?

14. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
  15. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Nope. I never said there are no high paying jobs here. (even it jobs)..on the contrary, I said that salaries are only 10-15% lower that Sydney.
    See recruitment salary reports eg hays, Michael page etc for evidence.
    And I have bought in Brisbane.. and also elsewhere for family reasons (which is no one's business).

16. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Yes there are a few people on this forum who put money into bne and want to see it boom. It was the hotspot on here just over 1 year ago. And it didn't explode like some hoped.
    I agree with you that it has potential. The best 'potential' of all capitals atm.
    Having said that for most areas close to the cbd it has had good growth. I've personally benefited. However it wasn't Sydney /melb percentages.
    I feel is going to be a slow but steady process until at some point bne is back where it should be as the 3rd largest city in price comparison to Sydney and Melbourne. That gives me confidence about bne. People are moving here to take advantage of affordability. Investors are buying in bne to take advantage of yield and to follow the growth cycle of the capitals. Reading between the lines in the threads and looking at the survey results and reports like AFR show bne to be the favorite at the moment

17. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine is moving his whole family from Sydney to Brisbane in December. He is a railway network engineer and was previously working on the North Connex here in Sydney until the opportunity to relocate to Brisbane with his current company came up. I think a lot of Sydney based businesses have an eye on SEQLD for their growth. And I think lots of families have an eye on the lifestyle this can offer as well. I think the growth will be steady over the next 5 years and a lot of will come from the southern states.

wombat777, Whitecat and ndpjai like this.
  18. melbournian

sorry for late response - am in Bali - seems i touched a nerve there.

Nobody wants to know your business as to if you bought a place in thailand for a gf or if you bought one in russia. end of the day - you are the such a big promoter of brisbane :) i would have thought you would have kept buying in brisbane being there will be boom. So you reall only have 1 property - from your comments it seems liked you had a 50 Ips in brisbane which is nothing wrong with that.

With comments like " buy now to avoid disappointment. this opportunity will not last long. it's one of the best RE opportunities in Australia.. indeed likely the entire south pacific. I challenge anyone to tell me another place in the south pacific with over 2 mil pop that has the level of money in development from foreign sources." hahaha and you're are you buying elsewhere? this is an investment forum ppl are entited to ask based on your claims, and yes it is your business u can buy in some village in africa if you want. but it is the Biggest contradiction. You should really put $$ where your mouth is unless you yourself don't even believe there is boom. i'll go halves with you since you can tell me the biggest boom suburb in brisbane (not outside australia ok)

19. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I would definitely buy more in Brisbane if I did not buy elsewhere (which has little to do with investment outcomes)... I think Brisbane is a better buy than elsewhere but life is not all about money and investment.
    Yes many including myself hype Brisbane..however it has delivered.
    I said on another post...is there any forum member who bought in Brisbane in the last few yrs and regretted it?

20. melbournian

There are a few who have regretted in Logan which I Is a place I went to visit. But that is besides the point.

Yes life is not about $$$ and investments but this is an investment forum not about feelings, and personal lifestyles l last checked. Majority ppl are looking to make gains. Otherwise ppl would have bought in surfers paradise or Thailand.

It just seems so contradictory that you would say buy in Brisbane to avoid disappointment when u bought elsewhere don't u think so? Anyway all good u can go to hyping, I rather enjoyed reading more senior investors posts which I thought u may have been at one stage. Strange too u limit viewing the history of ur postings or is it just me ? Haha all good do as u wish

Last edited: 22nd Nov, 2016
    Joynz likes this.