ASX Shares What's looking cheap on the ASX in 2019?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Alex Straker, 11th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Much the same as Fargo has said..Just be care full with new listing's a very high % even when the fundamentals x entry price are low risk cost very few have enjoyed a similar success as Osteopore a few of the green smoko start-up's went from 13 cents to above $1--60 then back to 30 cents ,just make your own charts and learn about the buy signals that come up every now and again..imho..

polpak, kimba88 and Brumbie like this.
  2. mehrar_84

mehrar_84 Well-Known Member

upload_2019-10-7_16-54-16.png
    now you have

3. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

up $11 to-day to $39, Just reminder to us, not to make the most common mistake price anchoring, worrying about paying extra a few extra dollars and not thinking of, or having patients or vision for the long term.

4. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

5. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

6. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Another great quarter from NWL, FUA increased 8.5%, market share increased 2.6%. Up 20% since august post. AMP comtinues to decline.

Redwing and willy1111 like this.
  7. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

Has anyone applied for shares in the Latitude IPO through Commsec?

We are pleased to provide you with access to the initial public offering of Latitude Financial Group Limited (Latitude or Company).

To apply for the Broker Firm offer you will need to complete an application form before 14 October, 5:00pm (Sydney time).

Offer overview
    The offer is for approximately 622.4 million shares issued by the Company (expected ASX code: LFS) (Securities), at an indicative price range of $2.00 to $2.25 per Security, to raise up to $1,400.4 million. The offer is made under the Prospectus dated 26 September 2019 (Offer Document), an electronic copy of which can be downloaded by logging into your CommSec account and navigating to:
    • Trading > IPOs > IPO Investment Centre > IPO Offers
    • Select Latitude Offer
    A paper copy of the Offer Document can be requested by contacting the Latitude IPO Offer Information Line on 1300 384 651 (within Australia) or +61 3 9415 4328 (outside Australia) from 8:30am to 5:00pm Australian Eastern Time (‘AET’) Monday to Friday during the Offer Period.

The Broker Firm offer is open to Australian and New Zealand resident retail clients of brokers, who have received a firm allocation from their broker. As a CommSec customer, you will be eligible to apply for the offer from 4 October 2019.

Commonwealth Securities Limited (CommSec) is acting as Co-Manager to the offer.

Capitalised words used in this communication have the specific meanings given to them in the Offer Document unless otherwise defined.

About Latitude
    Latitude is a digital payments, instalments and lending platform.

Latitude provides innovative products and services that support the needs of customers and merchants and other commercial partners, leveraging its technology and database of customer information.

Latitude offers its customers in Australia and New Zealand payment and instalments products (‘L-Pay’) and lending products (‘L-Money’). Its Business-to-Business-to-Consumer (‘B2B2C’) and Direct-to-Consumer (‘D2C’) distribution model enables customers to transact through Latitude’s established network of commercial partners, as well as with Latitude directly, online and by phone.

Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Latitude employs approximately 1,600 full-time equivalent staff.

For more information about Latitude, please see section 2 of the Offer Document.

8. Sannie

Sannie Well-Known Member

Curious if Anybody seeing WBC as a buy?

9. willair

I had a one day order in yesterday but it never was settled for Westpac ,it's been in free fall from about 25-10 th, and depending on the future business record financially as it's hard to get a barometer on how things are going..

Sannie likes this.
  10. Froxy

Froxy Well-Known Member

I think more bad news to come. Record fine, ceo and possibly chairman and board to go plus a class action regarding the recent capital raising.

Hartzer will be lucky to see out another week. Surely at least a billion in fines based off CBA fine from austrac. Maybe its all priced in but i dont think so.

Sannie likes this.
  11. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Not me, why would you buy it ? Don't see how these old banks can grow or even maintain profits. Even investing in the index will give inferior returns because it will continue to be dragged down by its weighting in banks. CBA may be able to keep it traditional position. ANZ may be progressive enough to compete some what with new fintech. WBC is already a dud losing $10 in value over the last 5 years while probably only paying out $9.00 in dividends when you should have been able to more than double your money. The governments open banking plan is about to open allowing competition from more user friendly fintech companies.

Sannie likes this.
  12. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

This sector seems to be growing, with possible overseas entrants jumping in also

13. willair

Yes that's what i was thinking but the CEO's job looks safe ,we still have the lead up too the AGM and the banking contact sport media in-between as i was thinking it may have gone down 2--3 percent on that day if the CEO was replaced..Something like this investors can learn from episodes like this and highlights every banks instinctive response to crises, their legal teams withdraw and live in hope the problems will go away,before eventually having the courage to confront them..Put another low order in just in case a few minutes ago but looking at the buyers liNE up the bull may have bolted on this one..imho..

Quote ..ASX..
    In its Plan, Westpac has made a number of commitments including to improve its financial crime program, support industry initiatives to enhance financial crime monitoring and provide additional support and resources to organisations that are working to eradicate child exploitation. We estimate these commitments will increase expenses by up to $80 million (pre tax) in FY20 when the majority will be incurred or provided for. These expenses will be included in cash earnings and treated as notable items.

Last edited: 25th Nov, 2019
    Froxy likes this.
  14. Froxy

Froxy Well-Known Member

Still think that more bad news will slowly eke out and more pressure will build and the board in an effort to save themselves will push hartzer.

These guys have had plenty of practice at dealing with bad PR and still cant react in a timely and decisive matter.

Was the same at NAB before they eventually both got punted.

Also think AUSTRAC will go hard on the fine.

willair likes this.
  15. willair

You were right i thought it may go the other way ..Looks like it's going into a dancing with the stars episode as the deck chairs are about to change rather then they all start brawling in the street ..I'm glad the low buy orders never went through as viewer demographics will changed on the outlook and it could blow up for a while ..

Froxy likes this.
  16. Silverson

Silverson Well-Known Member

I bought another small parcel on open, I believe in the banks long term. Have another small order in the que for both ANZ and NAB too

17. willair

History always going to repeat itself within the Banking sector as long as the same risk managements teams are still employed within the banks..
    But from a investor and financial perspective buying in this range may prove a master stroke of timing,much the same as BOQ --ex div and on the slide ..I have a small order in for BOQ for one day ,i,m way down the buying que list but i,m very optimistic as time will tell..imho..

Froxy likes this.
  18. willair

Not sure if many watch BOQ,and apart from the news investment media who have taken extreme positions on various Banks as most think we have reached the point where rises are no longer sustainable and the correction is likely and fairly dramatic,but the media investment stars have never been right...

Yesterday with the order i never went below 135 on the waiting list ,today as i'm watching i'm 34 on the list ..imho..

19. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

Im waiting for $6 then Im in all guns blazing.

20. Ariyahn2011

Ariyahn2011 Well-Known Member

I am going in at 6.50!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.