What's involved in un cross collateralising

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Brent80, 2nd Jan, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Brent80

Brent80 New Member

Hi

I currently have 3 investment properties all cross collateralised against my PPOR with CBA.
    What's involved in setting the structure right (all my properties now have LVR of below 80%)? I mean in terms of cost, effort and paperwork?

Thanks
    Brent

2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Hey Brent,

Paperwork is the same as one application, although one lot of signing for each new loan.

Cost shouldn't be anything other than discharge fees, applications fees, and government charges - same as if you were refinancing generally. Many lenders are offering rebates to help cover these costs.

There is a bit of effort, but once it's done, it's done. :)

3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

4. Brent80

Brent80 New Member

If I stay with the same lender (CBA), should/would they charge me for untangling this mess?

5. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

If you're already on their package, any costs are probably already covered under your existing annual fee structure.

In most situations uncrossing loans is mostly just a matter of multiple applications to restructure everything. These days the trickiest part is often meeting the servicing criteria.

Beano likes this.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF