QLD What's happening in the inner ring in Brisbane ?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by See Change, 7th Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

I've heard different views on what's happening on the ground in the inner ring in Brisbane ( not central units ) from people who should know what they're saying.

If you're on the ground up there , what is happening ?

Cliff

Propin likes this.
  2. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Steady. But not running hot. Some very big sales from time to time - showing confidence. You've seen some of those posted on here But not a general hot market across the board. There's nothing in any way like fomo. The ytd stats back this up. I predict slow and steady as syd and melb flounder for a few years.

3. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Just got off the phone with an agent and reflects what I've been hearing - it's slow due to APRA. I also predict slow and steady until everything stablises again.

Whitecat likes this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

From what I'm seeing middle ring will shine perhaps a little brighter than inner ring due to the price point difference. There are certain pockets and stock types in inner ring still getting premiums from OO on smaller lots but that's not reflective of the wider inner ring market.

Whitecat likes this.
  5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I know nothing about the north side -but the inner-southside from west end to rocklea seems to have slowed even more in the 2 bed walk-ups units in Moorooka Annerley price-rent wise ..
    The blocks that I have watched that were sold at auctions over past 6-9 months 4-8 klm's from the cbd,that have been levelled -split and built on one block with the vacant one next door are not selling as quick as 6 months ago,and I don't think there is any forced sales or drops on land value on anything on 800sqms plus in those small inner pockets ,it all breaks down into a few flood free city view streets that everyone wants to live in within those small areas..

Matthews - Real Estate
    this may give you an idea 7klms from the cbd.

Last edited: 7th Aug, 2018
  6. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Good quality owner occupier stock seems to moving well. We are seeing lots of contracts in the $900k -$1.5m range.

Unit contracts are down massively in the inner city. (GC we are still seeing plenty)

Sackie likes this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Are you seeing size of land not so important? More modern/contemporary places on smaller lots too?

8. RPI

Those prices are for 405m2 lots with decent houses.

9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yep, the markets are still keen to be paying for them. They could easily buy larger, older homes for much less but its not what they want .

10. RPI

As I am sure you are aware there has been some $1m plus sales for houses with a party wall on 300m2 in 7 hills/ Norman Park

11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yes I've seen them, amazing to get those prices considering the party wall. I don't think you remember but you did a subdivision for me awhile go for a splitter. Gonna start the build not too long from now. Numbers are looking good.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  12. RPI

Nice. New Builds are getting awesome numbers. There is just not enough of them.

Tom Rivera and Sackie like this.
  13. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Trying to find whatever is the common Brisbane thread I don't think it's this one.
    anyway some nice gains in Paddington Auchenflower Nundah Sunnybank Kedron (and Shorncliffe pretty much always delivers)
    Markets in markets. Source reiq data.
    Top_Performers_List_-_November_2018_kddq57.jpg

David Shih likes this.
  14. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

Attached Files:

dluu7, MissMel and Marg4000 like this.
  15. Dan Dizon

Dan Dizon Member

Agreed, the newer style housing, such as the double bricked / tiled roof variation on smaller land sizes are seeing stronger relative growth due to owner-occupiers. On top of this, more and more investors are starting to target these areas and see value, particularly with Sydney and Melbourne out of favour, and fear still preventing people from buying up Perth.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.