QLD What will this sell for... let's play?

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by wylie, 24th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Sackie, Starbright and Mel Morgan like this.
  2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Geez this house is still for sale. In Sydney, this house at this price it would have been snapped up. (But.... in Sydney it would quite easily be 6 mill or more). Were there any bids at the actual auction?

3. magyar

magyar Well-Known Member

Great views of the nice brown river. Getting eaten by mosquitoes on your micro 345m2 block while listening to a hundred thousand cars drive down wynum rd all hours of the day for 2million. Living the dream.

For that kind of money I'd much rather go to Pullenvale or Bridgeman downs on a big block with much nicer views. Not suprised it's still for sale.

iloveqld likes this.
  4. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

That's a priceless location in that small strip of properties ,and no-one can built you out back from the river .. Price wise as from what's happening in the inner south-side from west end too Dutton park where some are paying in the 1-3 mill range then level the block -rebuild where the turnkey entry costs are above the 1-9 ,then something very rare like this will sell above 2-6 too just below 3 mill..imho..

iloveqld and wylie like this.
  5. iloveqld

iloveqld Well-Known Member

If it is in highgate hill or west end, I will definitely entertain that or tempting..

6. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Very long time on the market? I wonder what the (presumably accepted) offer was.

7. Cookie15

Cookie15 Active Member

8. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

In June 1997 we sold our landmark California Bungalow and bought in Coorparoo.

The purchasers used a family member as conveyancer. He was a hot shot city lawyer and even gave our suburban lawyer a very hard time and caused us a lot of stress. He even tried to knock money off because the cubby house wasn't up to code (so we removed it completely). That backfired as the purchasers were pregnant and they no doubt might have liked the cubby house. Too bad.

We moved to a fixer-upper in one of the best streets in Coorparoo but before we started our renovation, this house came up for sale. It was exactly our style. We'd sold for $340k and bought for $240k and this sold at auction for $500k. That seems so cheap now, but put into perspective, it was over double the price of the house we'd just bought. It had more than twice the land size (but land size doesn't really have a huge impact on prices generally).

I was very keen on trying to buy this, but it was out of our reach. We did think about selling an IP to get it, but that was giving up rent and potential future growth, so we didn't bid. Also, this was (and still is) two bedrooms, and we had three kids. We wouldn't have been able to afford to add bedrooms.

Anyway, we went to the auction and the hot shot city lawyer was there with the couple who'd bought our house (his sister and her husband). He missed out on this and I did enjoy that he missed out. Does that make me a bad person? :p

Anyway, today I see it is again up for sale. UCV is $1.35m.

I love the house and I wonder what it will sell for? Anyone want to take a guess.

I'm guessing $2.1m.

14 Verry Street Coorparoo Qld 4151 - House for Sale #128020942 - realestate.com.au

9. Cookie15

Cookie15 Active Member

What a cute house and a great chunk of land! I am guessing $1.9m.

Good story, no it does not make you a bad person :D