What to look out in Mortgage brokers?

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Dave2020, 10th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Dave2020

Dave2020 Member

Hi Guys,

What's your best tips for picking and deciding in mortage brokers?

Some friends recommended me Mortgage House and Smartmove but I am a bit wary of big companies. On the other side a stand alone broker may dissapear so can be also a risk for a longer term relationship.

Thanks,

David

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Recommendations from people who have achieved with property what you want to achieve with property.

3. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Mortgage House is a mortgage manager, not a brokerage. They get their money at wholesale rates , from brands like NAB ( Advantege) Adelaide Bendigo, Resimac etc... add a margin to it and sell it at a retail rate under their own brand. They are responsible for all after sales service. Your mortgage statements, internet banking etc will all be branded as "mortgage house"

Smartmove is a traditional mortgage brokerage. They deal with all the same lenders as most brokers do. They aggregate through AFG.

There are plenty of switched on brokers on this forum. All capable of delivering excellent outcomes. I write loans. @Redom writes loans. @Shahin_Afarin writes loans. @Peter_Tersteeg writes loans. @Jess Peletier writes loans. @Jamie Moore writes loans. @Rolf Latham writes loans. Just to name a few. There are others. You have plenty of choice.

Last edited: 10th Nov, 2019
    Archaon, Dave2020 and alicudi like this.
  4. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

+1 for @Redom, the man's very good. I'm sure the others @euro73 has mentioned are pretty good too.

Tranquilo and Redom like this.