What to do? Considering a large BNE leafy block. First time other than PPOR.

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by zebra z zebra, 12th Jan, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

If this had been sydney, it would probably have doubled with zero work done to it. Macro is important.

2. zebra z zebra

zebra z zebra Member

Relatively accurate. I am conscious that I only have one income and one ability to *service* said debts, so I need to be a little bit considered of that fact.

3. zebra z zebra

zebra z zebra Member

Granted - but I am not really a fan of Sydney as a place to live. I like Brisbane, as it stands.

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Don't worry about Sydney, I'm no fan either. Now Bondi beach and it's neighbouring coast...

200w.gif

kierank and zebra z zebra like this.
  5. Trainee

on the other hand, if you are buying in the same market, what you want to buy probably hasnt gone up much either?

kierank likes this.
  6. Trainee

then you pay a cost for where you choose to live. Dont worry about how much you make or do not make on ppor.

having said that, if ppor is your biggest asset (with your view on debt it probably will be), how uncaring can you afford to be?

7. zebra z zebra

zebra z zebra Member

As you can probably tell - my interest is not in making lots of money from this house (or the next). It is actually just to change my lifestyle opportunities slightly in terms of the home I live in and the space for my kids. This was never about "climbing the property ladder" as such. I'm just trying to figure out the most sensible structure to do it within.

8. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Then I better not tell you how much debt I have and I am retired (been so for nearly 10 years).

It is one thing to be risk-aware (all successful investors are) BUT it is a totally different thing to be ultra-risk-adverse (very limiting on the net worth creation journey IMHO).

You are in Brisbane; so am I. If you want to, I am happy to catch up over a coffee and explain some of this stuff. I can’t give you advice (as I am not qualified/certified) but I will give you my honest opinion.

If you don’t want to, that’s fine.

If you do, just PM me.

9. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

I find this confusing as well.

One needs money to fund lifestyle.

“Lots of money” means a far-better lifestyle (if that is what wants to spend it on)

10. Trainee

but why isnt it about that? Wouldnt a couple mil of assets change your lifestyle and end up in more space for the kids?