What percentage is considered good Capital Growth?

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Investor1234, 24th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

You ....surely you are not asking for data...that is what amateurs do....by the time data is available that market would have moved...anyone who tells you that data will tell all is full of BS...it is only 25% of decision making of where to buy....

Let me ask...did you look at data before buying in Schofields?:p:D

2. Investor1234

Investor1234 Well-Known Member

No, I didn’t look at the data before I purchased in Schofields as I purchased it with the intention to live there. It has been an OO ever since I purchased it. I might be moving out next year because of personal circumstances, and keep it as an IP.

I do think data plays a massive role in indicating which markets are set to grow. I get your point about data lagging, but most growth cycles last for years, so if you don’t invest one month, you can still wait for the data based on previous month’s data and still invest and ride the growth train.

3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Ya seem to know what to do and have it all covered...so why would you need advice then from the idiots on this forum?;):D

4. mkbonline

mkbonline Well-Known Member

Contrary to popular negative sentiment around new estates and H&L packages, almost all people I know who have brought in The ponds, kellyville ridge, Schofield , Marsden park, north kellyville have made great returns- more than 7-8% pa since last 5 years

Investor1234 and sash like this.
  5. mkbonline

mkbonline Well-Known Member

What was the tip for Vic and what is the tip for WA ? He he...:)

Never giveup likes this.