What Percentage Are You Paying For Fees?

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by Johny_come_lately, 10th Sep, 2011.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Johny_come_lately

Johny_come_lately Well-Known Member

With the market undulating on a day to day basis, paper losses and gains are what gets my attention. Quite often I forget the steady drain on my assets which is known as 'fees'. The tens of thousands of dollars that I have lost over the years is the price of building my nestegg.

Currently I am paying 1.097 percent on total balance, 0.44 percent which is for my advisor. While I don't like paying, I see fees as a necessary evil.

So I put it out there. What fees are you paying? How much are you prepared to pay? Do you have a FP, and, how do they charge?

Johny. :p

2. Waimate01

Waimate01 Well-Known Member

I'm paying around a tenth of one percent (maybe less), over the entire portfolio. That's for a couple of LICs and an ETF. The rest are directly held. No advisors; they're blood-sucking bottom-feeders (no offense ;)

3. GunnerGuy

GunnerGuy Index & Property Investor

Fees, what fees ?

I only pay fees (small) on my index tracking ETF's, the spread price when I do by shares, and my accountant for doing my tax return annually ($330 pa).

The only fees I would pay would be for tax management advice, which generally are included in my annual tax return fees.

I don't know any financial advisor who has a better crystal ball than me, do you ?

One may however consider reading the internet, buying and reading financial/investment books as fees.

Since February my share/liquid portfolio is only up 0.55% (compared to AllOrds -15%). Not good I know but diversification has kept my head above the water.

Gunnerguy.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice