What is the best paid property cash flow calculator?

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by LH74, 27th Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. LH74

LH74 New Member

Hi All

I'm a new investor and would like to be able to crunch the numbers properly on potential purchases, with detailed cash flow, scenario analysis, projections, etc.

I realise that this can be built in Excel, and I am proficient with Excel, but I am a rookie with property investing so I fear that I am likely to make some incorrect assumptions or miss something which will give me wildly incorrect results which I won't realise are wrong!

Therefore I'm prepared to pay (within reason) for good software (or even just a built spreadsheet) to use.

Any thoughts / suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

LH

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

3. PropDir

PropDir Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi LH74 - you may like to try the forecasting tools & calculators we offer on our platform at PropertyDirector.com.au.

The one that might be useful for you is the 'Deal Analyser' which allows you to analyse a deal for any property before you purchase it - it allows you to specify key information for the property such as the proposed purchase price, amount to be borrowed, weekly rent, deposit amount, interest rate, and estimated expenses based on different variables - attached is a sample input screen and output screen.

The results give you a 10-year cashflow projection, and a 10-year capital growth projection by providing the forecasted capital growth based taking into account the suburb when you want to buy, the type of property (e.g. house, townhouse, unit), and average annual capital growth in the suburb during the last 30 years.

The above tool is provided in our 7-day trial which you can try by enteringsome properties you are considering purchasing - you can register for the trial by going to Register | PropertyDirector.

After registering and logging in, you can go to Reports > My Portfolio Reports > Deal Analyser to access it.

Hope this assists.

Attached Files:

4. Perky29

Perky29 Well-Known Member

Personally, I use PIAFPU - from Somersoft.
    I think you will find a lot of people here do, as prior to this forum being set up by Simon, he also helped set up the somersoft property forum.
    It is a great piece of software IMO.

5. LH74

LH74 New Member

Thank you

6. LH74

LH74 New Member

Thank you

7. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

Believe you can use this software in demo mode prior to purchasing to see if you like the functionality etc of the program

8. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

PIA is powerful software. Very technical to master and adaptable. Used by almost every spruiker and professional. The time invested is well spent. It is complex as it is good.

9. JRB

JRB New Member

Hi LH47, is this a pure investment or also a development opportunity as well? The above are good recommendations and if you are looking to do a subdivision or similar www.aprao.com is quite good.