Crypto What happens when Bitcoin crashes?

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by Scott No Mates, 25th Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

what is the trend on Bitcoin? I thought there was a crash about 8 months ago when it was all over the news about how it was coming down?. Does anyone have a link to a 5 year trend chart or something? I'm actually quite interested in Bitcoin in a general sense but I would like to see it bottom out. I haven't been following prices

2. Danieljk101

Danieljk101 Well-Known Member

$3100 USD in December 2018 will likely be the bottom. I predict sideways grind for 3 - 6 month then a new uptrend in Q3 and Q4.

With the fundamentals in bitcoin and crypto market getting better each day combined with the world financial situation, crypto “could” be the investment of a lifetime over the next few years.

3. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Comparing crypto to dot com, the internet became part of the infrastructure, but a lot of internet companies failed.

So even if blockchain becomes part of the infrastructure, it doesnt mean individual 'coins' will succeed.

Whitecat likes this.
  4. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Yup. but there is an index. the c20 coin is the crypto equivalent of Vanguard. Buying that ensures you're holding the top 20 coins. It is rebalanced weekly and is probably the best way to protect yourself against coins dropping off the perch. ;)

@Whitecat The long term trend is up...and up a lot. 2017 things went mental...and 2018 brought everything crashing back down to earth...but Bitcoin today is still worth 5k.

It was $500 five years ago.

Not exactly a risk free investment...but not all bad either.

Crucially the crash hasn't stopped the main block chain projects. They're still experimenting, innovating and trying new ideas.

One day, someone is going to get something very right.

Whitecat likes this.
  5. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

So what's the simplest way to get into cryptocurrency something like that Vanguard style c20?

6. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Or you can watch out for the police seized auctions ,I see the coins go through every now and again the same as 1oz -half a kilo gold bars good to collect I guess..

Whitecat likes this.
  7. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

I wish there was a simple way! Getting hold of c20 is still a bit of a pain. Maybe PM me and I'll walk you through it?

Whitecat likes this.
  8. marmot

marmot Well-Known Member

Whitecat likes this.