NSW What do you think of this Northmead property?

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by noviceInvestor1, 30th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. noviceInvestor1

noviceInvestor1 Well-Known Member

18-18A Dremeday Street, Northmead, NSW 2152

I am considering buying a property similar to the above, and plan to:
    - rent out the main house
    - use 1 of the bedrooms in the granny flat for my in-laws, and lease out the other bedroom(s) to students/shared-accommodation/etc
    (the in-laws need a place to live, within a year from now; just basic 1 bed+bath will do)

Would love to hear your comments on this Northmead property in terms of:
    - appeal to potential renters
    - growth over the next 5-8 years

Thanks!

2. Someguy

Someguy Well-Known Member

Northmead seems to be a majority OO area not much competition in rental houses I would say you will have little trouble renting it out.

Growth over the next 5-8 years need a crystal ball imo, main driver is proximity to parramatta and Westmead, both areas growing in employment opportunities, access to cbd from the old hills part of northmead is appealing M2 buses even if they do get overcrowded at times, the closest place to parra that you can get a decent block in a nice environment that has to be something going forward. The downside is it’s not hills council anymore, it really makes no difference but some people see more prestige in the ‘hills’ also primary schools are lower ranked than baulkham hills schools or Westmead. Not close to any train station and Windsor rd can be a nightmare, talk of light rail up Windsor rd but not sure if it is a positive and would likely take 50 years to build anyways.