What do you think happened to Melissa Caddick?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Momentum, 4th Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

What do you think happened to Melissa Caddick?

1. Faked her own death

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. Took her own life

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. Met with foul play

16 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Unless it wasn't her foot. Police said they took swabs from the standard places - comb & toothbrush (I think?)...these places are so predictable for anyone who's ever watched a crime doco or hollywood movie, seems like you could easily plant that stuff.

I'm no conspiracy theorist and I don't even know if I believe that, I'm just saying where they take DNA swabs are so predictable it doesn't seem hard for a criminal to be able to anticipate it then stage it.

Stoffo likes this.
  2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I reckon she got caught out and someone topped her ... shady people tend to associate with shady people ... only time will tell which theory is correct

3. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

The pressure got too much for her, she jumped off the cliffs, outgoing tide took her body out to sea.

4. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

No, I don't think you'd bleed out from a severed foot, especially not if you put a compression bandage on.

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

The MIL isn't a relative :oops:

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  6. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

If this Lady can set up a company whose company was expressly designed to avoid investors scrutiny and future tax liabilities ,then she would have known full well that any of the network of investors at any time as all they would have to do is ''ASK THE QUESTION'' log into commsec or what ever trading platform used and check the trading paterns as it's all there in black and white,but no one it seems ever did..

qak, Momentum and inertia like this.
  7. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

I can't believe none of the investors did any due diligence for so long...

willair likes this.
  8. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I agree 1000 percent--One only has to read within this site ,as i'm never shocked or surprised when the next scandal in investing breaks as another one will always break into the media soon..

That is the systemic weakness when you trust everything to some one ,then end up being exploited ..

That's why i like total control ,if i'm going to stuff it up i'll do it my way rather the let some one in a flash office and a leased german car and having problems paying the private school fees take control and blow the lot,like the old saying goes..

''Like mushrooms to be kept in the darkand fed ********..''

Last edited by a moderator: 5th Mar, 2021
    Toon, Momentum and inertia like this.
  9. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

What seems basic and commonsense to us may be too much hard work for others.

Last edited: 5th Mar, 2021
  10. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Yes it would have to be a parent or a child ..... which would she choose? which would you choose?

11. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Study a few of the famous ponzi schemes of the past and it won't come as any surprise.

Apart from what has been posted on this thread I haven't bothered to read anything about it but if it did involve "family and friends" there is it. Misplaced trust.

12. Onyx_OCAU

Onyx_OCAU Well-Known Member

Up until the day the foot was found, the police did not even conceive of the possibility of her being dead. All indications and presumptions were that she was alive but in hiding somewhere.

I think the foot/shoe is a red herring.

She was cunning enough and to rip off all those "investors" for decades, and shredded the evidence before ASIC raided her house, plus a myriad of other behaviours she exhibited in the week before; she wasn't sweating the investigation. I believe she thought she would get away with it. Even now, with her presumed to be dead - investigators still have no clue where the funds are. She hid it well.

She didn't even buy her husband his Audi R8. It was reposessed as it was leased.

The media are at pains to point out they don't believe her brother or her husband to be involved. I'm not as worried about a slander suit, and I'm willing to say I don't believe that to be the case.

Momentum likes this.
  13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Besides this, it may be painful

14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Madoff comes to mind, I think this ponzi scheme went on for around 20 years

15. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

Yes I agree with a lot of this. The strange thing is she withdrew about $19M in cash which is unaccounted for. I think she had a plan B and has plans to reunite with her husband and kid later.

willair and Onyx_OCAU like this.
  16. skyfall

skyfall Well-Known Member

She faked her own life, I think that's pretty obvious when you think about the level of her scamming. She would have to know the police would be knocking on her door one day and would have made an exit plan. The DNA evidence was planted

Momentum likes this.
  17. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

I think the DNA was checked against her family members too, but I'm wondering if its all that hard to have your foot surgically removed under anesthetic (there are great prosthetics these days), stick it in a sneaker, leave it in some seawater for a month and then plant it on a remote beach..

skyfall and boganfromlogan like this.
  18. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

A much bigger ponzi blew up around the same time.
    That one had much more infuential people involved and somehow did not get much media attention.

19. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

could you have done a finger, leave it in a glove for the same effect with less interruption to 'living your best secret life'?

20. Property Baron

Property Baron Well-Known Member

I think if the foot was severed off that should be easy to determine by medical experts. Wonder what is the medical explanation of how the foot has been detached from the leg? Was it in the water long enough to just rot and become detached?