What do you think happened to Melissa Caddick?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Momentum, 4th Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

What do you think happened to Melissa Caddick?

1. Faked her own death

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. Took her own life

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. Met with foul play

16 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

Melissa Caddick lead a double life. She claimed to be an investment guru and had more than $20M deposited into her bank account in the past 2 years from family and friends who wanted to invest with her (ponzi scheme).

She lived the high life in a $7M house, dining on caviar and champagne, and spent hundreds of thousand $$$ on jewellery and skiing trips to Aspen. A sneaker with the remains of her foot has been found on a beach 400km away from where she was last seen. Coincidentally it was found on the same remote beach she used to holiday at when she was younger.

Forensic psychologist Tim Watson-Munro claims Melissa Caddick was murdered. "She’s clearly a narcissist, clearly somebody who has no remorse, psychopathic in terms of manipulation of others and so on, so I think she would have had a plan b," he said.

What do you think happened to her?

willair and Lindsay_W like this.
  2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

I think she hacked the foot off a relative, put it in her shoe, fed it to a not very hungry shark and left the rest to forensics to work out.

3. Momentum

Yes it's possible she sacrificed a foot to make it look like she's dead.. I'm sure there's a lot of people who would sell their left foot for $25M

Lindsay_W likes this.
  4. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

nah i dont believe that...she couldnt guarantee that foot would be found.

MTR likes this.
  5. Comrade 1984

Comrade 1984 Well-Known Member

Caddick was greedy & profligate, no issues there.I will never understand why she ordered Asian made shoes from Israel....

She's clearly dead & I wonder how her son & husband will cope. It would seem they know nothing about her shenanigans.

Suicide or murder....looks like we will never know.

Firefly99 and MTR like this.
  6. Momentum

so you think she was murdered

7. Momentum

Very strange her husband didn't report her missing for more than 30 hours.. seems like he was covering for her and gave her a head start before calling the cops

8. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Could be suicide...or foul play by a related party.

MTR likes this.
  9. Comrade 1984

Back in the day I recall people saying that Chris Skase - a brilliant visionary who went belly up due to the pilots strike - never really died. We'd see him in a wheelchair on TV battling extradition proceedings from Majorca, ashen-faced, oxygen tank in hand, and people refused to accept he was ill. (the tombstone of Spike Milligan says "Told you I was sick")

The woman is dead. Her kid is grieving. The investors are poorer. Looks like everyone lost out. Rather than speculating about murder we should be going after the authorities for letting this happen - the woman was pretty open & brazen to the nth degree. How the heck did she pull it off without being busted earlier.

Last edited: 4th Mar, 2021
    Firefly99 and inertia like this.
  10. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Abducted by aliens or shacked up with Harry Holt ;)

willair likes this.
  11. Comrade 1984

As a primary schoolboy in the late 70s i remember some galah trying to get rich selling a book about how Harold Holt was taken to China in a submarine. The so called journalist was interviewed on national TV. Not sure how many copies he sold.

Caddicks death will lead to a few books, I am sure.

12. Anthony416

Anthony416 Well-Known Member

If only the police would focus such efforts on the murderers and pedophiles in our society we would all be better off.
    Not saying white collar crime is not serious but........the resources the police devoted to this, and still missed the mark by a long shot........just saying......

13. Ryan23

Ryan23 Well-Known Member

What makes you think that murderers and peds don’t get significant resources? Just because something isnt splashed in the media every day, dosnt there isnt work being done..

Lizzie and Joynz like this.
  14. Anthony416

Anthony416 Well-Known Member

I think this because of the high profile bungling of murder investigations and the heartbreak caused to the families of the victims. Instead of putting constable Clod on these let them chase white collar crime.....

15. Ryan23

Ryan23 Well-Known Member

is there a specific case you can refer too? I think you will find that detectives in homicide squads are generally classed as the elite wheres fraud investigators generally are not.

Lizzie likes this.
  16. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I would say this Lady once the reality and the broader anxiety about her place in the community as the **** hit fan would have a plan b in place -- everyone for themselves-- survival of fittest..

In the days when we could travel by plane ,and the timeframe when she was reported missing in action she could be anywhere in the world,or left the country in a boat ..

But the lady is still alive..

Last edited by a moderator: 5th Mar, 2021
  17. boganfromlogan

My understanding is that many criminals have 'blind spots' for example 'i won't get caught' or 'i will have an excuse' or 'I am smarter than others'. But constable plod has the advantage of continually racking up arrests and convictions ...... so experience rather than smarts. That's how they know most crimes are done against ppl by ppl htey are close to.
    This lady was extremely stupid. Unless of course she did swipe the foot off a relative and stick it in her shoe. Then she is smart.

18. New Town

New Town Well-Known Member

You can't just cut off your foot and hobble away. Would likely bleed too much and die

Harveys likes this.
  19. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

Could certainly imagine a scenario where she has engaged some shady underworld types to get her out of the country with a suitcase full of cash, and they just saved themselves the trip and sent her overboard.

20. boganfromlogan

Yes, but if you took it off a relative, the relative would die. And you would have a foot. Two positives :)