What do you do..

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by willair, 5th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I go for a walk every morning ,about 5 this morning I find this persons wallet in the gutter in West End in inner Brisbane sitting there in the rain..
    Picked the wallet up ,no money inside several atm credit cards one with the pin number hidden within and small hidden part inside the wallet ,plus 2 condoms,and a small plastic bag with several small pieces of multi coloured paper ,which I would say is some form of drugs..
    So they question is?,as I intend to hand this wallet into the bank this person-property is with once the Bank opens ,or do you leave it the way it was and hand in into the local Police ..
    I try this morning to contact the overseas student this morning to return the Ladies property,but if I hand the wallet into the Police station with the way it is the Lady may have problems with her student visa and other legal problems..I'm thinking as each has karma as their own ,maybe just better to put the pieces of small square multi paper in the fire place and burn what ever it is ,go too the NAB and let them sort it all out and just walk out.
    What would you do?..

2. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

Perhaps consume the small squares of paper and see if some inspiration comes to you?:p

Seriously though, If it were me I wouldnt hand it to the police, not like we are talking about a commercial quantity of drugs here. if you have an issue with the drugs you could flush them before handing it to the bank.

MTR, willair and willy1111 like this.
  3. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

This may require the use of the 2 condoms.

MTR, Blueskies and willair like this.
  4. willair

Thanks ,that's what I was thinking ..I don't want to ruin this person life,and as I know what OS Families pay to send their children to Australia and study ..
    So I will just fire up the fireplace and burn the small paper squares ,and when the branch opens in half an hour just walk in and let the Bank staff return this young Ladies property..thanks again ..

wylie, Handyandy and Lizzie like this.
  5. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

I would throw the baggie in a bin and hand it in to police

The Falcon and willair like this.
  6. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

Maybe they should have thought about that before being in possession of illegal substances....

I wouldn't be quite as lenient as you. I'd hand the wallet into the police in the same condition in which I found it.

Propertunity and willair like this.
  7. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

What type of drug would that be ?

I know coloured strips of paper can be used to test for drugs - maybe they are using to check drinks etc at clubs.

willair likes this.
  8. val

val Well-Known Member

willair likes this.
  9. Kassy

Kassy Well-Known Member

Just hand it to police. I have found wallets before and not bothered even looking in them, just hand it in and move on.

Edited to add: the powder could be vitamins or aspirin or something. No point speculating just hand it in...

willair likes this.
  10. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

If it's drugs it would be acid (LSD).

Chew on a square. If you wake up naked in a cemetery convinced you went on a date with the road runner last night it's acid.

MTR, beachgurl, Morgs and 1 other person like this.
  11. willair

Handed the wallet into the local NAB branch,they were in the process of ringing the young Lady as I walked out the door..thanks for everyone advice..
    Plus I put the small bits of paper under a diamond loop before they were brunt ,pity some people use gear like that as fresh air and sunshine are free..