Wet markets up and running again!

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Serveman, 29th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

We can feel bad for Chinese farmers losing their livelihood, but what is China doing today to prevent this happening again and help the farmers

Last edited by a moderator: 16th Apr, 2020
    George Smiley and Serveman like this.
  2. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

3 Points I wish to make:

1. The Wuhan markets have very poor hygiene.
    2. The Wuhan markets engage in severe animal cruelty.
    3. This is to do with the reopening of the market. When the virus first multiplied in Wuhan the citizens were put into severe lockdown. Iā€™f you walked out of your house the police would throw you back inside and nail down your door.

Last edited by a moderator: 16th Apr, 2020
  3. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

And anyone might think that that should have killed off the market's exhuberance in purchasing local product, but it seems that hasn't occurred, as the shortages of baby formula in Woolies and Coles are well known, due to bulk buying for the purposes of exporting back for love or profit? Possibly the former, but arguably the latter.

Anything is "fresh", if you have just killed it and chopped it up, but there's some speculation, and I use the term loosely, that some standards of hygiene may be in order, if I may be so bold to respond to your assertion.

As an example, if I was dining on an eye fillet which I found out later was initially prepared with one of the props from Texas Chainsaw Massacre (all those years ago and still requiring a bit of chain oil), I might be a little perturbed.

Or if the smoked eel on my plate of Nigiri had been raised in a pool of sewage, whilst still hopefully meeting the definition of "fresh", might be viewed as "distasteful", if you get my drift.

On the other hand, maybe the smoking process reduces the tang, but that could be just me...

Do you get where I'm going with this?

George Smiley likes this.
  4. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

You have expensive tastes? :D

5. Gabbaking

Gabbaking Well-Known Member

Like majority of human beings, I have soft spot for dogs and I cant fathom how inhumane a race can be by throwing a live dog into hot pan and cooking it. Boils my blood!

MTR and Serveman like this.
  6. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

MTR likes this.
  7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member