Western Sydney Visit (WA based) - Tips

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Redwing, 27th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Hi All

I’m looking to visit an IP in Western Sydney (Blacktown Area) from here in WA

Looking to book flights, hire vehicle etc

The intent is to visit the property and property manager, have a look around the area and maybe even organise some works needed with the property in need of a general revamp

Any tips on where to stay locally etc?

2. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Airbnb for staying locally.
    I hired a car form Robus rentals (parramatta) once and the prices were pretty cheap.
    You can get around without a hire car, if your PM can take you around the area.

3. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

Parramatta is about 20 mins drive from b'town, I would recommend staying there and hiring a car from either there or the airport.

From Parra, hop on the great western hwy, when you see the sign for blacktown turn right, drive 4 K's, you are now in blacktown :).

4. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

If you don't want to hang out in Parra I'd stay somewhere with easy parking. If you're not hiring a car then Parra is easy to access accommodation. For places near Blacktown there is Altura which is at the Blacktown drive in and there's another place a bit closer to town. I think it's the Workers Club? You could go cheaper and stay in one of the local pubs. Good way to meet the locals :)

5. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

you can book your flight to arrive at the new Badgery's Creek airport, it will be closer...

oh come on.. he's from Perth :p