NSW Western Sydney Meet-up - Wednesday 22nd July

Discussion in 'Networking & Meetups' started by skater, 10th Jul, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I thought it may be a good time to resume our Western Sydney Meet-ups, although we will have to spread out more than usual, to maintain social distancing.

As per the last meetups, it will be held at the Wentworthville Leagues Club, starting at 6.30pm, but if you're early, that's cool too, as we'll be there early to secure plenty of seating. :p

Everybody is welcome! We'll be located in the Food Court towards the back wall, near the ladies toilet. Just look for the large group of unrelated, multi nationality, multi age group. These meetups are great, not just for catching up with those you already know, but for meeting other like minded people and everyone is welcome. So...don't be shy, come along, meet some people and have some fun!

Sorry if I've missed anyone.

@Ace in the Hole, @AceBuild, @ANMOL, @Archaon, @arunricky, @Ash, @ashish1137, @beachgurl, @bob shovel, @Brian84, @C-mac, @Cheern, @dabbler, @Damian R, @Danny370z, @Darren, @datto, @DaveM, @David Shih, @DizzyLizzy, @dreamgirl, @Edmund, @ej89, @EN710, @Eric Wu, @FatElephant, @fols, @FuzzyAUS, @Gockie, @GSD, @ha55sh, @Handyandy, @Hayley Cannon, @hash_investor, @Hayes, @House, @Hwangers, @icic, @Illusivedreams, @Jack Chen, @James G, @jefn89, @josh76, @kimba88, @keithip, @kimbo, @KRB, @krispy, @larrylarry, @Mark, @Melbpositivegeared, @Mel Morgan, @mickyyyy, @MissP, @MoneyMan, @MorganHB, @Mumbai, @neK, @New2prop, @NHG, @Nightowl, @Nish, @noogie60, @pbond48, @Pentanol, @Peppas, @PeteToma, @Phantom, @Piston_Broke, @PJT, @Property Twins, @R&E, @rapr, @RetireRich101, @RayO, @Ricky Ng, @robi, @Rolo, @sash, @Scott No Mates, @See Change, @Simon Hampel, @SimonaM, @Shady, @Shahin_Afarin, @splatters, @SStar, @Stvn, @Sunbuny, @SydneyInvestor, @TadhgMor, @Taku Ekanayake, @tfk257, @The New guy, @Tim & Chrissy, @Tony Fleming,@Travelbug, @trinity168, @trunx, @VB King, @virgo, @wombat777, @ZachAnsel, @Zoolander,

trinity168 likes this.
  2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

3. skater

skater Well-Known Member

UPDATE:

I am cancelling this event, as it the escallation of numbers in NSW is concerning in the last few days.

wombat777 likes this.
  4. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Wise.

5. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Make it an online event. Even members from the 'banned' cities could join then :)

6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Good idea....but I'm a technophobe, and don't know how to do that. @Simon Hampel might be able to help. :D

7. skater

skater Well-Known Member

When I decided to run it, we only had 5 active cases in the State, and I'd had a couple of members ask about it, so thought it was about time. That went south really fast this last week. :(

8. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Yes, I was going to suggest recent events might make it wise to wait a while.

I'll try and organise some online meetups - I've been too busy working on the site upgrade to think about doing anything like that :(

skater likes this.
  9. FatElephant

FatElephant Well-Known Member

If organising an online meetup is just about scheduling a zoom meeting and giving everyone the link, then perhaps I can do that? I am only on zoom's free plan which has a 40 min time limit but the workaround is to usually leave the meeting and then rejoin.

skater likes this.
  10. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, I think @Simon Hampel has something built into the software within the site.

FatElephant likes this.
  11. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Hi all, hope your all coping and doing well, have kept a real and virtual distance.....are you back to doing meet ups ?

It should really be all about having all contacts and able to trace now, not so much not having events ?

12. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been thinking about this. I tried to do a meetup, then numbers started going back up, so cancelled again. I would be interested to know how many are keen for another meetup.

Hayley Cannon likes this.
  13. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

Keen! In all seriousness the amount of close contact I saw in the city on saturday night and the amount of ppl out compared to 7 weeks earlier I would not be worried

14. skater

skater Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'm not worried either, but you, me & Dabbler alone is a very small meet-up. Anyone else keen?

15. Hayley Cannon

Hayley Cannon Well-Known Member

I'll be there, whenever it is!

skater likes this.
  16. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

It would be hard for me to do one, and I am now wondering if the organiser, like the venue, takes on some responsibility...

Prob no, but who knows these days...

17. John R

John R Well-Known Member

I've just joined property chat a based in Western Sydney. I'd be keen to come along

Hayley Cannon and skater like this.
  18. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Hmmm. Yes :)

19. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Hi @skater, want to do another thread?

skater likes this.
  20. skater

skater Well-Known Member

OK, I'll try again. New thread coming soon. Just checking when Hubby's available.